•  
Advertise here

No more Petrol or Diesel Cars from 2035

Wrangeld

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-51366123

The UK goverment has brought forward its decision to ban new petrol or diesel cars from 2040 to 2035. That might seem a long way away, but that's just 15 years (the age of my current ride!).

After that date ... who knows. All electric? Self driving? Looks like we should all enjoy the roar of a V8 while we still can, they are going to be a real rarity in a few years. 

Petrol Heads beware - no more gas after 2035

Edited by Wrangeld
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Sad (0) 1

Well you can't makes laws hoping that technology catches on and is cheap enough for everyone in the future.

Might as well make a law that by 2050 there will only be flying cars

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Just now, desertdude said:

Well you can't makes laws hoping that technology catches on and is cheap enough for everyone in the future.

I don't agree completely. By making laws you're basically putting a deadline on it. Some things never change if we are not forced too change. These deadlines ignites creative thinking. Humanity is able to do so many things but sometimes we lack the motivation.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

2 minutes ago, desertdude said:

The fact that it was said by Boris Johnson sort of makes it meaningless as most of what he says he makes up on the spur of the moment, but I wonder if as petrol heads we will be a dying breed ...

• Like (+1) 2

18 hours ago, Frederic said:

I don't agree completely. By making laws you're basically putting a deadline on it. Some things never change if we are not forced too change. These deadlines ignites creative thinking. Humanity is able to do so many things but sometimes we lack the motivation.

Lack of motivation is the least of it. What is also lacking is the money to build power generating capacity, and the infrastructure to distribute it. 2035? In their dreams...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1