•  
Advertise here

Best weight loss ideas

adil

So many of us suffereing from overwight in UAE, I like to know what is the best way to loose weight consistantly every month in a healthy way. Only suggest wht you have tried and it worked for you and not on advertisemant and not on your super fit colleague taking proteins, fat burner and creatines pills 30 tiems a day.

• Like (+1) 2

Eat less, burn more. I know for some it might not work, but so far it's reasonably good for me. When I tend to overeat, it shows up pretty fast.

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

i had lost 23 kgs in 3 months a while back...what i learnt was in order of priority

1.cut out on sugar , white bread, white rice ( all high glycemic stuff adds to your lard fast if not used)

2.eat fibre/salad/veggies - slow digesting food will keep you satiated.

3.rely on low calories snacks when hungry (almonds , chicpea etc)

4. 5 or more  short meals just to satiate. 

5.Try skipping dinner ( not always healthy though)

6. do any high intensity interval training in morning ( kicks metabolism --> after burn effect).

Note:dont avoid essential fats & proteins. carbs are not essential cut how much ever you can.

cheers 

• Like (+1) 2
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

My tips:

* Reduce on meat consumption. Max 2 days per week little meat, and even less if possible.

*  2 pcs of Fruit per day, some nuts, and enough veggies.

* Walk a lot. If you are having a desk job, walk for at least 45min to 1 hour per day every morning or evening. Running is even better but for losing weight walking is a very good start.

* Avoid alcohol, fizzy drinks, and anything that contains too much sugar. Try to start reading what's on the ingredients list. You'll be shocked to see what's inside in many cases.

* Drink enough water. Many people gain weight because they don't drink enough. 

* Eat small portion 5-6 times per day. This sounds weird but it keeps your stomach from becoming lazy. A friend of mine used to work nightshifts and only ate one big meal per day and kept gaining weight because her metabolism was not working properly.

And most of all: Forget about the ideal weight and BMI: try to find something that works for you. If that means a bit more than the average so be it, we are all individuals and as long as you're healthy and happy with yourself that's all that matters.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

2 hours ago, adil said:

So many of us suffereing from overwight in UAE, I like to know what is the best way to loose weight consistantly every month in a healthy way. Only suggest wht you have tried and it worked for you and not on advertisemant and not on your super fit colleague taking proteins, fat burner and creatines pills 30 tiems a day.

Remove the seats, all the carpet and fabric, ow wait, it is not about the car.

I am struggling on and off with my weight due my work. For the info, I am a pilot and fly long haul. Going through different timezones, sleeping in different beds and I like a beer.

Tried different diets, I don’t believe in that anymore. Yes it might work, but then u have to continue with that lifestyle and often thats too difficult. It is all about a balance of everything and have enough exercise on regular basis and good night of sleeps.

This works for me; Start with a balanced diet with enough nutrients.

For example, I start with 3 eggs half avocado, oat with blueberries and cacao, and some cheese next to it.

Then I heavy lunch, more like a dinner for most people and in the evening a light dinner so I have a full stomach to go to bed.

Whats important, if you start cutting stuff like meat or milk, what many people advise, you might have a lack of some acids that are important for your sleep.

Don’t do these shakes and fatburners, change your lifestyle here and there. Start working out or walking, cut the desserts a bit and change the juices for water.

It will take time, take small steps, all small steps come to a big change. If you take big steps and you will fall one time (fatburners, extreme diet, working out crazy), you will less likely start again.

Good luck!!

• Like (+1) 3
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

When I came to uae I was 65kg. I ended up getting to 105kg in a few months. Too much beer, rice and pizza. Carbs are my enemy. I used to drink 5-6 cans of beer every day, samosas and paratha for breakfast, biryani for lunch, rice and Filipino food for dinner. Sit down to watch movies and order large pizza out of boredom. Coke with every meal. 

Down to 85kg now. Lost 20kg in 4 months by cutting beer to once a week. One meal a day and only home cooked. No soda or fruit juices, only water. Fruit juice is all sugars and sugars make you fat. Avoid eating late at night too. When you eat late, your body won’t use the energy and store it as fat instead. I try to avoid snacking but if I can’t handle it, I’ll throw a handful of frozen prawns in a bowl and microwave them for a minute. Better to have a protein hit and feel full than eat empty carbs. If your body doesn’t need protein, you will poop it out again. Your body will always try to store carbs as fat. 

One of the best things I learned was that when you’re feeling hungry, you’re probably not hungry, you’re just dehydrated. A big glass of water can kill a lot of hunger. 

I don’t know if you eat meat, but look into keto. I know a lot of people who have had success with it. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Yeah I recently heard Keto from one of the offroader. Was it you @Tbone, right....?

• Like (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.