•  

Srikumar

2 hours ago, Gaurav said:

NO

Big font, because after seeing you behave like kids in the last drive.

Bribe your convoy lead with parathas, you might get away by 11:30 instead of 12:00 ;-)

On a serious note, when we exit by 11:30, if you have a compressor, then you can inflate next to the cycle track and leave rather than driving slowly on deflated tires to reach till Adnoc. Please do inform your convoy lead when you are leaving.

Haha pahji, can't promise parantha ( I don't think I will ever be able outperform @Rahimdad in parantha game) but can sure sort Daru out ;-).

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

53 minutes ago, Gawie Herholdt said:

Hi everyone,

This will be my 2nd drive with the group. Our vehicle is a 2014 Landrover LR4 SCV6. Have radios and flag, tow points and recently serviced with everything in working condition. Look forward to meeting you all.  

@Gawie Herholdt Please RSVP on the calendar. 
See you tomorrow !

• Like (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Trip Report Convoy 2

After lining up the three convoys, we headed out for some dunes and my aim for the day was to give the newbies that did some drives already a slightly more challenging terrain. With  @Joe Biju Joseph In my second lead we were able to make good progress and we hardly had any stucks or refusals. @Wrangeld and @Jeepie did great sweep duties and I’m always comfortable knowing that they have my back. 

@Colin Jordan I’m sure you’re proud to see how fast Cara was learning. You both carried an infectious smile throughout the drive.

@md sarfaraz and @Nitin Mohan throughout the drive you initially struggled a bit finding the right momentum but in the last quarter of the drive I saw you both grow and taking the dune approach with more confidence and momentum, well done !

@bunty_and_pops  @Febin Frederic @Jolly Abraham @Sajithsasyou guys drove with full confidence and without any struggles. Keep it up !

We’ve seen some recovery work, shoveling, and overall lots of people smiling and enjoying the great weather and area. 
We’ll be back for more !

• Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Super  pictures and report..sorry I missed due to some other commitment on friday morning.  Will join you all definitely for next drive. Please send details of next one

• Like (+1) 2

End of the week spent well. Today’s drive was quite challenging unlike the previous day!! Confronting the dubious sand dunes was such an adrenaline hurrying minute! Handling the slides truly drew out the trust in me and I thoroughly owe it to you @Frederic  for giving us such a wonderful play area! Adoring all of my Jeep things! It's constantly been a hankering to have the option to do some ridge slamming! Hanging tight for our next drive!!!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Hey Fred.

Thanks a lot. I thoroughly enjoyed the drive today. Hungry for more.

I am sorry, I missed out to reply in the forum as I was not aware that this group strictly adheres to forum for communication.

I shall follow the space closely henceforth. 

1) I drive a FJ cruiser. 

2) I don’t have prior driving Experince in the desert. However, I have about 20 years of driving experience and decent off reading experience in India/rough and challenging terrains. I know that does not help when I am in the desert. 
So, I shall term myself a Newbie. 

3) Yes, my vehicle’s front and rear tow points are in good condition. 

Edited by Prajit Sadanand
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Important Information

Terms of use