•  
Advertise here

Apple car key

Barry

We are now reaching the point where you can start your car with your phone

https://www.macrumors.com/2020/02/06/apple-iphone-carkey/

With the latest keyless entry systems, cars are becoming so easy to steal. Any hillbilly with access to google and eBay can steal any car. 

The only way to really secure your car is going back to old school discloks and other physical anti theft devices. 

Is it one step forward and two steps back?

Share your opinions!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

Over engineering and after few bad experience either they will fix it or keep letting you try for years like apple face recognition, which finally perfected now.

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Phones working as car keys? This is just stupid. Why don't they spend some time and money inventing and implementing useful stuff instead? Like for instance, sensors in cars that can both detect alcohol vapours, and disable the starting circuits for as long as it detects alcohol in the car. Now that would be something I'd be willing to pay something extra for in a new car. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • WOW (+2) 1

1 hour ago, treks said:

Phones working as car keys? This is just stupid. Why don't they spend some time and money inventing and implementing useful stuff instead? Like for instance, sensors in cars that can both detect alcohol vapours, and disable the starting circuits for as long as it detects alcohol in the car. Now that would be something I'd be willing to pay something extra for in a new car. 

Well in some states in the USA they have this as part of some people's parole. A breathalyzer is attached to the ignition circuit and you have to blow Everytime you want to start the car and if one is above it won't.

Also in the US a lot of lenders and mortgage companies install disable systems. If you fall behind on your car payment then they remotely disable your car

• Like (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1

Yeah, I can see how this would work for habitual payment defaulters or people out on parole. However, I was thinking more along the lines of alcohol sensors being mandatory equipment on all new vehicles to keep the people off the roads who habitually drive while drunk but never get caught until they kill someone.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

58 minutes ago, treks said:

to keep the people off the roads who habitually drive while drunk but never get caught.

VERY TRUE AND VERY WELL SAID

• Like (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.