•  

Fewbie Afternoon Drive - Solar Park - 21 February 2020

Emmanuel

Lets have a slight different kind of challenge, deeper in the Qudra/Faqaa desert. This beautiful area, famous for its white sand, far from the Friday afternoon crowds of Badayer or Maleha, will offer a good mix of medium and technical dunes to test your car control. Plan is just to learn and enjoy.     

LevelFewbie and above (strictly)

When: 21 February 2020

Meeting time: 1:15 PM sharp

Where: Solar Park parking  

GPS Coordinate: https://goo.gl/maps/W3JJRSz9W1ZKP8pb7

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 10 inches of ground clearance.

Plan: Drive, train and enjoy till about 6:00 PM

What to bring along: snacks, whatever you like with little extra to share, water, liquids, smiles, stories, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 6:00 PM

Please RSVP the below calendar event

• Like (+1) 5
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Hi Emmanuel, 

Just a quick clarification - is the start point for this drive next to the finsih point of the Newbie drive? Question is if we can do both a Newbie and a Fewbie on the same day or  not. 

Thanks in advance. 

• Like (+1) 3

Hi Richard,

Absolutely you’re most welcome to attend both drives. I guess Sri will exit at 12 or so near ADNOC in Qudra, so we will have enough time, more than enough, to reach Solar Park, even if we don’t inflate. 

Also, depending on Sri’s route, we might be able to exit directly at Solar Park. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

20 minutes ago, Wrangeld said:

Hi Emmanuel, 

Just a quick clarification - is the start point for this drive next to the finsih point of the Newbie drive? Question is if we can do both a Newbie and a Fewbie on the same day or  not. 

Thanks in advance. 

Hi Wrangled, there would be a gap of about 1 hour between both the drives. So to answer your question, you can do both drives.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

1 hour ago, Javier M said:

I arrive to the UAE saturday morning so I wont be able to attend. 😫

This is an afternoon drive so you have enough time to drink a liter of coffee and join us 😜 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

On 2/13/2020 at 9:43 PM, Emmanuel said:

@Rinelle Sanaani sorry but this drive will be at fewbie level, please sign up for the morning newbie drive 

@Emad Malaeb please join the morning newbie drive instead of this one, which is at fewbie level. 

• Like (+1) 1

Hi Emmanuel. I will undergo a minor procedure this Tuesday, so I doubt I can drive. But I would love to join as a passenger. Can I ride shotgun with one of you guys? Thanks. 

• Like (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use