•  
Advertise here

Cheap Land Rover LR3 suspension repair needed in UAE

Greetings all, if you don't want to read full post, *basically looking for absolute cheapest LR repair workshop someone can even just half recommend to repair/replace air suspension, anywhere in UAE okay*. I just bought my first LR (2009 LR3) three weeks ago. Unfortunately, the air suspension has just completely packed in, car flat as a pancake and 30kph limit etc etc. AAA suggest maybe all for 'cushions' also maybe compressor too. Obvs, the price they quoted for repair almost made me smile, it was more than I paid for the car. I know AAA do a good job, their forecourt is testiment, so definitely not dogging them in any way, but I can't justify it, specially as I was just really starting to see if I really 'liked' the car or not. So, anyone able to recommend a w/s might fix up suspension for 3-4k at this point, I don't really care if it's an A+ job or a C+ job, just want it done cheaply. Thanking in advance 

• Like (+1) 2

Try Gulf star in Sharjah, they are PRETTY GOOD AND SOLID almost at AAA level but lot cheaper.

https://goo.gl/maps/o7fqRu8Grf8ghUtn8

If you want absolute cheapest then try Al Nakhala, they also stock LR used parts in Sharjah, kind of blessing at times..

https://goo.gl/maps/QUmhHCNojdVWmd4z8

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

@andy_macdxb I would really not recommend Al Nakhala above in sharjah. I used to take my 1999 P38 RR to him and was tricked into paying more than required sometimes. 

I would highly recommend Al Ranan Garage in the same industrial area. The mechanic's name is Mubashir. He is well versed with Land Rovers. Have been using his service for years now. 

Al Ranan Auto Elect Workshop
Sharjah

https://maps.app.goo.gl/KwFxaexmhu3f2NDt7

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

1 hour ago, andy_macdxb said:

Thanks to both gents 🤞 can get a price sub 12k!! 

Maybe lot lower, depending on how and which option you take for parts: OEM vs first quality aftermarket.

Also research on Arnott spring that come with lifetime warranty if they are available in UAE now. I researched briefly on Arnott for my older Range Rover but haven't got a chance to change EAS before I sold it. 

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

• Gaurav changed the title to Cheap Land Rover LR3 suspension repair needed in UAE

Najmat Al Arief in Sharjah. Call Shivan personal experience with him for over 2 years now. Very very reasonable and knows his stuff on newer Land Rovers. Don't let his little beaten down shop fool you. 

Name is Sivan : 0503378383.

English is not is forte though so there might be a bit of a language barrier, see if you can get an Arabic speaking friend to help you out. If you have no such luck. Let me know and I'll sort you out with him

• Like (+1) 1

• 10 months later...

Hi Andy, can you update us on what happened after that? Did you get it fixed and how much it cost? Thinking of getting an LR3 as well.

Gaurav, what do you think of 2009 LR3, decent mileage around 15k dirhams. I tried the Land Cruiser V6 but quite underpowered and very high mileage. 

• Like (+1) 1

The suspension on these is pretty simple. If the airbags don’t look cracked, it’s probably o rings. There is an o ring on the ends of the pipes where they connect to the airbags and another on the other end where they connect to the valve block. If you have time to spare, it’s easy to check. Put the suspension up and spray soapy water around the ends of the pipes. 

Most garages will charge you for 4 airbags and 3 airmatic valves straight away. Some of these garages will change the o rings then charge you for everything. You can guess how I know but don’t ask me. 

If you believe you have a faulty airbag, it’s easy to check on a Land Rover. Put the suspension up full then pull the 3 air suspension fuses. This will disable the crossover valves. Then instead of all 4 corners dropping, only the faulty corner will drop. This will put you in a better position to find the actual fault. 

• Like (+1) 1

The front axles can give problems but they are easy to check. Turn the steering on full lock and accelerate and listen for a clicking sound. Used ones aren’t worth buying as you may have to try a few before you find a good one. 

Other than that, just use due diligence and check the usual stuff like bushings, oil leaks etc. especially between the engine and transmission. If the rear crank seal or torque converter seal are leaking, it’s a big job to replace. 

• Like (+1) 1