•  
Advertise here

Oil Leak

If it's from between the transmission and the engine and it's engine oil ( blackish ) then it's the rear main seal. If it's reddish then it's the transmission 

All of this is hard to tell from the one solitary dark pic

• Thanks (+1) 1

It's a engine rear main seal, quite prone to fail after certain life. It failed in my Pajero 2 years back too. Fixing it is painful long labor job so make sure you use original Mitsubishi seal, I think it cost 80-100 dhs. Labor might cost you 600-800 dhs (aweer rates), 1000+ (Al quoz rates).

@Barry @desertdude and @treks please advise which option is less labor intensive to remove Engine or Gearbox, and also which one is less expensive in terms lubes and parts required?

• If engine is removed then will it need new coolant, engine oil, freon etc? or whole assembly can be pulled out?
  • If removing gearbox, does it need new gear oil and filter too?
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Removing the gearbox is easier for sure. It’s a days work at most. It’s not necessary to change the fluid but it will need a small top up due to removing the cooler pipes and losing a little bit. Probably less than half a litre.

I wouldn’t even entertain the idea of removing the engine to do it. Too much work involved. 

• Thanks (+1) 2

Pulling out the motor for a seal is a bad idea. 

If I were you and remember I'm broke cheap and lazy. I'd just roll with it until it gets real nasty. 

OR You can also try some snake oil too. Lucas has a seal leak stopper and people have had some good results with it.

• Thanks (+1) 2

Thanks @Barry and @desertdude I asked this coz some genius mechanic earlier argued for engine removing in my case, so I thought of bringing some clarity for @Sidshk.

• Thanks (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.