•  
Advertise here

OBD2 READER

Hi, I have camry 2005 (3rd option) GCC specs (Believe that all GCC specs cars in UAE are Japanese make).

I tried almost 5 OBD2 readers from Amazon UAE in last 1 week but none of them worked with my car. The last one i tried was for AED 300. All of them start and says failed to communicate with the ECU. I took my car to a local garage who have an OBD2 car reader advanced one. It well connected to my car. Hence there is no issue with my car ECU. But i dont understand why the OBD2 readers i ordered from Amazon not worked with it.

Secondly all those OBD2 scanners worked well with my Lexus LS400 98 model American spec. But not worked with my camry i am referring above.

Kindly if someone could help me out. or suggest any OBD2 reader from Amazon UAE which they bought and worked with their camry with similar specs.

• Like (+1) 1

Here is the thing- when the OBD II standard became mandatory in the USA in 1996, all scan tools had to be able to communicate with all ECU's, regardless of the communication protocols in use on any vehicle that was going to be sold in the US. However, this only applied to the American market, and even today, cars made and sold elsewhere will often not communicate with scan tools and especially scan tools bought off Amazon.

So, since your US-spec Lexus was sold in the US, your cheap scan tool worked, but with your GCC-spec car,  you may have to upgrade your choice of scan tools considerably. 

• Like (+1) 1

Most universal OBD scanner runs limited protocols, you can update the protocols by updating their software. I have seen even cheap 70 dhs Bluetooth scanner fetch pretty good data.

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.