•  

Recommendation for kill switch

Mahmoud Hamzawy

Dear Carnity 

Looking for an advise of workshop in Sharjah where I can install Kill Switch for my Prado 

Any recommendations please 

Thank you 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Barry said:

What kind of kill switch are you looking for? One to shut off the battery when not in use or an automatic safety cutout for the event of accidents?

Am looking for kill switch to shut down traction and ABS and airbags while driving in dunes 

• Like (+1) 1

It’s probably easier just to pull out the fuses before you enter the desert and replace before you go back on the road. Kill switches are handy to have but may invalidate your insurance. What year is your car?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

19 minutes ago, Barry said:

It’s probably easier just to pull out the fuses before you enter the desert and replace before you go back on the road. Kill switches are handy to have but may invalidate your insurance. What year is your car?

Very good point to consider. I wonder why many people have not thought of this before.

• Like (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

My car is Prado and it is not cover under warranty anymore 

Kill switch helps as you don't need to open the fuses box everytime and damage your fuses, may be by mistake you may take the wrong ones 

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Mahmoud Hamzawy said:

My car is Prado and it is not cover under warranty anymore 

Kill switch helps as you don't need to open the fuses box everytime and damage your fuses, may be by mistake you may take the wrong ones 

It's not for the warranty but for insurance, that's what @Barry mentioned.

Every car has traction control and abs for stopping the wheelspin so you dont wrap around tree if you go throttle happy.

Now in offroad such tarmac safety measures are hindrance for wheelspin that you need for offroading.

If you install such kill switch and involve in accident, then insurance can use that installation for denying the claim, as every insurance ask you to check box if car is modified or not.....!

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

21 hours ago, Gaurav said:

It's not for the warranty but for insurance, that's what @Barry mentioned.

Every car has traction control and abs for stopping the wheelspin so you dont wrap around tree if you go throttle happy.

Now in offroad such tarmac safety measures are hindrance for wheelspin that you need for offroading.

If you install such kill switch and involve in accident, then insurance can use that installation for denying the claim, as every insurance ask you to check box if car is modified or not.....!

That's a great advise , i will stay with the fuse removal , which is far better ,

Thank you 

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use