•  
Advertise here

Wheel Balancing/ Alignment

Jefy

The modified car, the never ending story, the money pit.

Anyway, I have ordered wheels with the correct offset from Europe and they arriving soon. I already have tires for them.

I am looking for a reliable wheel balance/ alignment fitting garage, preferably south of Dubai. 

A shop that knows what they are doing with lifted suv’s. 

Please let me know.

To come back to wheels with correct offset. What I don’t understand from our region. We have maybe the most LC200S driving around than anywhere.

The lc200 comes with a positive offset of 60mm. 

Almost all shops they have only wheels with 0 offset. When I ask them if they have wheels with positive offset, they ask me again why I want positive offset. Because I want something that works? And not only look good, without chopping here and there??? 
So thats why ordered wheels abroad.

I usually take my Jeep here for alignment and balancing, they do a good job and reasonable price. 

https://goo.gl/maps/6zusA8c6UFvND5pX6

I heard good things about TORC but expect to be overcharged. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

I am using Turbo Tyres in Al Qouz. I found him honest. 

<iframe src="https://www.google.com/maps/embed?pb=!1m18!1m12!1m3!1d3612.216184630778!2d55.21036871510936!3d25.12838104065525!2m3!1f0!2f0!3f0!3m2!1i1024!2i768!4f13.1!3m3!1m2!1s0x3e5f6bcf871691bb%3A0xfb10c8d7a98547a9!2sTurbo%20Tyres%20Shop%20Al%20Quoz!5e0!3m2!1str!2sae!4v1582188931336!5m2!1str!2sae" width="600" height="450" frameborder="0" style="border:0;" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

https://goo.gl/maps/MH2jRD9bfjFNFq3B7

• Thanks (+1) 1

What I understood is that with bigger tyres  the normal wheel balancing is not useful. You need to balance the wheels without removing them. In Arabic they call it 'Mizanaya Arzi".

I have had to get this done for my XJ to solve vibration issues at above 100 kmph. But I have got them done in Sharjah

• Like (+1) 1
  • Confused (0) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

56 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

Sand Dance in Al Quoz is nice too

https://goo.gl/maps/FzBioYBuqDfMWfZWA

Another recommendation for Sand Dance here. They got me a sweet deal on the last tires I bought and I wouldn't go anywhere else now. Ask for Justin and tell him you know Barry, I used to work with him in another garage. He's a good guy, very helpful.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Srikumar said:

What I understood is that with bigger tyres  the normal wheel balancing is not useful. You need to balance the wheels without removing them. In Arabic they call it 'Mizanaya Arzi".

I have had to get this done for my XJ to solve vibration issues at above 100 kmph. But I have got them done in Sharjah

Totally agree.. i too had this problem when i replaced end rods and few other things and it was corrected by balancing wheels within car and now it runs perfect.

• Like (+1) 1

99% of the shops don't even know how to install tyres properly on rims. 

Those blue red lines you see on the tread of a new tyres and the red and yellow dots on the face are there for a reason. 

Go ask any tyre shop what they mean and I bet they won't be able to answer

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

22 hours ago, Srikumar said:

Which literally means Earth or ground balancing otherwise know as road force balancing

Btw has anyone ever tried bead balancing? It been around for ages and supposed to work brilliantly and automatically adjust as the tyre gets older and worn.

• Like (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use