•  

Pink Rock Newbie Desert Drive - 28 Feb 2020

Rahimdad

20 minutes ago, Michael sammy said:

Guys truly said, today it was a blast and real fun its not about the drive only its about with whom we drive.

Great leaders, great team to be honest it felt more of a family spirit. I'm usually not writing here but i just felt to share 😇

Big thanks 🙏 for everyone who made this day fun and safe day drive. Not to forget the mentoring and support given today by @Rahimdad @Srikumar @Frederic @Emmanuel 

I am sharing some images and videos from today's drive, I'm not sure if this where I should share the images or there is a different way of sharing the drives images and videos. Please advise 🙏

20200228_113250.jpg

IMG-20200228-WA0081.jpg

IMG-20200228-WA0082.jpg

Hi @Michael sammy you can post your images in the Gallery. On the homepage, just click on GALLERY and you'll find a gallery for every drive we did.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

4 hours ago, Frederic said:

Trip Report Convoy 3

Again a beautiful morning in the sand with wonderful people !

With @Shamil as my second lead, and @Xaf at the back to sweep and assist, I was feeling quite comfortable. Because my wifey @Vanessa8580 had her first official drive I had to reluctantly hand over my little blue Pajero and came out with its younger and taller sister. That took a while to get used too of course, but that’s normal. 

@Nayan Shenai managed great with his Ford Explorer, same as @Szymon Stankiewicz, @Rafal W., @Shiju Manuel, @Anvar Sadath Bekal, @Sherif Hamed, and of course @Vanessa8580. We had some refusals and some stucks which is always a good opportunity to learn and practice shoveling and rope recovery. All kept a positive spirit and smile handy.

One of the good things about this area is the Pink Rock climb, as it’s for many people a first time where they can really put the pedal to the metal and observe how the car reacts and behaves. 
My sincere thanks goes to @Shamil and @Xaf who both impressed me with excellent recovery techniques, composed behavior to explain the right steps to the newbies, and proactiveness to quickly detour where needed or to help out someone else. You both might have had Liwa on your mind, but your heart and spirit  was with us 👍.

I hope you all had fun and some challenges along the way, and look forward to our next drive !

It was indeed a splendid drive today. I felt that the drive had levels, with initial level being a subtle drive next to camel farm on a plain off-road track, then passing over smaller dunes, fighting through substantially bigger dunes of soft sand and finally reaching the mega challenge of climbing the pink rock incline.
With @Frederic and @Vanessa8580 continuously boosting my confidence, @Shamil and @Frederic always by the side to help/ guide and @Frederic thoughtfully leading the convoy it seemed bit easier. 😊
It was a friendly environment through out in the group and a Friday morning well spent. Thanks to @Rahimdad, @Frederic and @Srikumar for arranging this drive.
Looking forward for more if my Explorer can take it. 😀

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

3 hours ago, Michael sammy said:

Guys truly said, today it was a blast and real fun its not about the drive only its about with whom we drive.

Great leaders, great team to be honest it felt more of a family spirit. I'm usually not writing here but i just felt to share 😇

Big thanks 🙏 for everyone who made this day fun and safe day drive. Not to forget the mentoring and support given today by @Rahimdad @Srikumar @Frederic @Emmanuel 

I am sharing some images and videos from today's drive, I'm not sure if this where I should share the images or there is a different way of sharing the drives images and videos. Please advise 🙏

20200228_113250.jpg

IMG-20200228-WA0081.jpg

IMG-20200228-WA0082.jpg

Thank You Micheal for your valuable advice on field 😍

• Like (+1) 4
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Hello all, I meet wonderful new and familiar friends today and some asked me on the flag poles and suction base which I got from RAMY Automotive Dubai - Al Quoz Ind. Area #4, ACE sells the poles as well but you have to try them on the the base (they do not sell bases) and not all bases fits all poles. Also price of the base ~90-100AED, price for the pole is 200-250AED depends on the height and you can negotiate

Good luck!

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Today's drive was quite exceptional. Being the second lead of the convoy was an opportunity to become more responsible. Much appreciated @Rahimdad bhai for believing in me , i hope that i was up to your mark.
Eventhough drive was short, we got to learn some of the important offroad recovery techniques, great cooperation made it so natural at troublesome occasions particularly when fj's tire got blasted
Nevertheless, a big shoutout to those who provided refreshements.
Hanging tight for my next drive.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Thank you everyone for making it a memorable start for me in the carnity group off road drives.

Thank you @Rahimdad , @Emmanuel, @Frederic , @Srikumar for mentoring all and making it a fun yet safe experience. It was a great experience to learn from you all. 

Frankly can't wait for the next one...let's go :-)

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Thank you much Carnity for the adventure drive, it was my first adventure in desert and enjoyed and learned many things and met lots of new friends, and more over the crews "hats off you guys" specially i was stuck. 

See you soon guys!!!!  

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Thank you all for a nice ride especially @Srikumar @Rahimdad @Frederic @Emmanuel for their amazing helpful nature and friendliness.

This group is simply about having nice time and seeing people for what they really are and that is friendly, brotherly and simply human aside of genders, nationalities or whatever other things that does not really matter

Big thanks to Gurav which we missed this ride

See you all the next ride

IMG_9408.JPG

IMG_2953.JPG

• Like (+1) 6
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

Important Information

Terms of use