•  

Pink Rock Newbie Desert Drive - 28 Feb 2020

Rahimdad

@Rahimdad Thank you for amazing drive, very friendly and amuse.. my son fall in love with the dunes and the group, already he made some friends around our drive, that's a family which we really love to part of and enjoy new dunes and pink rocks,

looking forward for the next adventure 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

12 hours ago, Rahimdad said:

Trip report.

I loved to read and live the experience through the eyes of the many who were in attendance. Not too much to add from my side but here is what I can share from my point of view. Waking up on working days can be a real drag for me, but my wife is puzzled as to how I wake up before the alarm even goes off on a Friday morning. The truth is the excitement to meet up with the many friends and make some new ones on the way. After having been through most of what UAE has to offer in terms of off-road adventures over the past decade, it's the people which gets me excited.

It was a pleasure to see so many smiles as I arrived, all itching to taste the sands, some for the first time while others who want more. So without delay we headed out to the grounds where we could have our brief, deflate and final preparation before heading out to the wilderness. After the brief we deflated and in my excitement I forgot to fix my flag. It didn't take me long to realize though and we were off.

@Rizwanm2 sorry you had to leave, hope your wife is feeling better now. Since @Rizwanm2 had to leave my second lead was now @Febin Frederic who did very well on the 2 occasions I found myself in trouble to lead the convoy through a safe route. Following him was our return champion @Jamy B. who has just found her ride in the form of an Xterra. I could see her not getting carried away and applying everything from the brief during the drive. She was more keen into learning her way with her new ride which is a brilliant thing to do. @Kalahari was next and with his Prado looked to me like a Silver Surfer just gliding through the sands. I'm very impressed with the way you handle your ride, doesn't seem like your first or second time out. Following him was @Najeeb Mohammed who drove his FJ, couldn't really see much of you deriving, however was impressed with the fact that you made it to the Pink Rocks without switching off traction control. Hope you found it easier with the traction control off. @Emmanuel was my centre forward to help out the convoy and keep the convoy in motion. Next came @Nizam Mohammed with his white FJ. Hope you have your tire sorted out after your encounter with The Rock. No I don't meant Dwayne Johnson, it one the one which met his tire on the way up to Pink Rocks. @Chaitanya D was next and managed well with his tank he calls the Nissan Patrol Y62. @Jorge Stepniak Felippe was to follow, sorry if we got the pronunciation of your name incorrect, we will definitely try our best to get it right the next time. @Jihad Hachem was more than sporting, sorry for being tough, but have seen so much over the years that safety is paramount. Glad you understand. In the sweep duties was @Mahmoud Hamzawy with his son. While he was keeping the convoy safe and moving with regular updates, his son was keeping us entertained.

As is my habit for Newbie drives, I start with easy tracks for all to get used to their vehicles over some small dunes and work up the difficulty level for all to enjoy and learn from their experience. Climbing the Pink Rocks and descending from the other side is the toughest part on the menu, but almost everyone did it without any issues. As we rectified the issue of a burst tire by replacing it, we descended the Pink Rocks to head to the cafeteria nearby.

Here we inflated and had the shade in which we could sit, relax, share some snacks and discuss our days activities. Fortunately we were first to the finishing line soon joined by the convoys of @Srikumar and @Frederic. With the Friday prayers time we parted our ways, but still with a promise to meet again as we continue to learn and support each other. See you all soon.

hmmm..  i missed my weekly dose of sand therapy 😭.. 

thank @Rahimdad. wife feel better now. cant wait to get back to sands, 

see you all soon. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

6 hours ago, Jorge Stepniak Felippe said:

Thank you all for the very special day, loved it! Looking forward to the weekend

@Frederic would you sell one of your radios? 

Any recommendations for a flag for my LR4?

Hi @Jorge Stepniak Felippe. For flag you have to buy the detachable AOR one (around 350 AED including the suction cup) or go for some garage to fix a socket and use a fishing rod for the flag .

I checked and went in for the AOR because it is detachable , good quality and you dont have to do anything with the body. Available on amazon and at Ramy automotive 

Best wishes 

Edited by Chaitanya D
More information
  • Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Jorge Stepniak Felippe said:

Thank you all for the very special day, loved it! Looking forward to the weekend

@Frederic would you sell one of your radios? 

Any recommendations for a flag for my LR4?

Hi Jorge,

These Carnity spare radios are not for sale as we need them now on the busy off-road season. Please have a look at the Advice section where I wrote a list of recommended models available in dragon mart. (Crony MT777, Baofeng UV5R)

For the flag the AOR flag is a very good option. Some Dragon Mart shops sell flags too, or a fishing pole properly mounted with a flag on it also works great.

• Like (+1) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Important Information

Terms of use