•  

Walkie Talkie Essentials and Questions Topic

Frederic

From going out and finding the right radio model, programming it, and using the functionalities to get it to work properly, this topic will be used to bundle all essential information and can serve as a discussion thread for everything radio-related.

The first handy advice is found below:

Above advice contains all the basic information to setup your radio. 

For whatever questions related to the topic radio / walkie talkie please use the "Walkie Talkie Essentials and Questions" thread to post your questions on which model, where to find, etc...

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

@Michael sammy with regards to your interference issue on Channel 02 (446.03125). I tried last night with my wifey's 2008 3.8 Pajero but did not notice any interference. 

We can have a look together on next drive, or send me some pics of your radio set to that frequency.

• Like (+1) 4

@Frederic i actually tried to get the channel number from the device but all what i see is channel 2, however as far as remember when we set it up my self and @Emmanuel we didn't add the 25 which is you mentioned at the end.

That might be the cause of the disturbance, and looking forward to meet you in person and to solve this problem. 

Appreciate your efforts and support 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Michael sammy said:

@Frederic i actually tried to get the channel number from the device but all what i see is channel 2, however as far as remember when we set it up my self and @Emmanuel we didn't add the 25 which is you mentioned at the end.

That might be the cause of the disturbance, and looking forward to meet you in person and to solve this problem. 

Appreciate your efforts and support 

Thanks for replying @Michael sammy

If your radio is a Motorola MT777 see below info to switch between channel mode and frequency mode:

Note: This radio has 2 operating modes called "Frequency" and "Channel". To switch between these modes, keep the ENTER button pressed while switching on the radio. Pressing the VFO/MR button while you're in Frequency mode will bring you to the combined mode, which is basically a screen that shows both the channel and the frequency. You can use either one of these modes during operation. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

@Michael sammy after testing today, it seems Carnity Channel 2 is indeed getting some interference within your vehicle. We will take note of this and make sure that your next convoy that you are assigned too is on another frequency.

@Szymon Stankiewicz i was able to program your Crony CN988 with a Baofeng cable and Baofeng BF480 Software (go figure). I was pretty impressed with the battery size, build quality, and volume. Looks like you have a good model. Just unfortunate that it does not have a display, so for re-programming you will always need software / laptop and programming cable.

@balaji0007 Your Baofeng 888 is programmed as following:

Channel 1-2-3-4 = CARNITY CHANNEL 1

Channel 5-6-7-8 = CARNITY CHANNEL 2

Channel 9-10-11-12 = CARNITY CHANNEL 3

Channel 13-14-15= CARNITY CHANNEL 4

Channel 16 = CARNITY CHANNEL 5 (Backup Frequency)

To the other newbies still looking for a radio i would like to advise against buying a walkie-talkie without display, as it needs to be programmed with a laptop, software, and programming cable. We can recommend following models that are equipped with a LCD display:

Motorola MT777 or Crony MT777 (same)

Baofeng UV5R

Prolab WT5-WD

Crony CN888

All are available in Dragon Mart. If you have any questions please ask on this thread.

@Emad Malaeb @Kalahari @Hafiz Abdul Rahman @Ralph Geonzon @Nayan Shenai @Shiju Manuel @Nizam Mohammed @Najeeb Mohammed @Chaitanya D @Jolly Abraham @Rafal W. @Jamy B. @Jihad Hachem @andersonlorente @Anvar Sadath Bekal @Jorge Stepniak Felippe @Nikhil Saju Paul

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 2

On ‎28‎/‎02‎/‎2020 at 7:49 PM, Frederic said:

@Michael sammy after testing today, it seems Carnity Channel 2 is indeed getting some interference within your vehicle. We will take note of this and make sure that your next convoy that you are assigned too is on another frequency.

@Szymon Stankiewicz i was able to program your Crony CN988 with a Baofeng cable and Baofeng BF480 Software (go figure). I was pretty impressed with the battery size, build quality, and volume. Looks like you have a good model. Just unfortunate that it does not have a display, so for re-programming you will always need software / laptop and programming cable.

@balaji0007 Your Baofeng 888 is programmed as following:

Channel 1-2-3-4 = CARNITY CHANNEL 1

Channel 5-6-7-8 = CARNITY CHANNEL 2

Channel 9-10-11-12 = CARNITY CHANNEL 3

Channel 13-14-15= CARNITY CHANNEL 4

Channel 16 = CARNITY CHANNEL 5 (Backup Frequency)

To the other newbies still looking for a radio i would like to advise against buying a walkie-talkie without display, as it needs to be programmed with a laptop, software, and programming cable. We can recommend following models that are equipped with a LCD display:

Motorola MT777 or Crony MT777 (same)

Baofeng UV5R

Prolab WT5-WD

Crony CN888

All are available in Dragon Mart. If you have any questions please ask on this thread.

@Emad Malaeb @Kalahari @Hafiz Abdul Rahman @Ralph Geonzon @Nayan Shenai @Shiju Manuel @Nizam Mohammed @Najeeb Mohammed @Chaitanya D @Jolly Abraham @Rafal W. @Jamy B. @Jihad Hachem @andersonlorente @Anvar Sadath Bekal @Jorge Stepniak Felippe @Nikhil Saju Paul

@Frederic - Noted with thanks. Can you suggest on the Kenwood TK-UV3 / UV-9R Plus Baofeng model. If it's good.

Edited by Nayan Shenai
added UV-9R Plus Baofeng
  • Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Nayan Shenai said:

@Frederic - Noted with thanks. Can you suggest on the Kenwood TK-UV3 / UV-9R Plus Baofeng model. If it's good.

Hi @Nayan Shenai both are very good radios but the Kenwood will be more difficult to program from what i have seen and read. The Baofeng UV-9R will probably be easier to program as Baofeng has lots of enthusiast users with Youtube tutorials.  Also batteries and accesories are easier to find for Baofeng radios.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Frederic said:

Hi @Nayan Shenai both are very good radios but the Kenwood will be more difficult to program from what i have seen and read. The Baofeng UV-9R will probably be easier to program as Baofeng has lots of enthusiast users with Youtube tutorials.  Also batteries and accesories are easier to find for Baofeng radios.

Appreciate your quick feedback @Frederic.

Thanks. 

• Like (+1) 4

Important Information

Terms of use