•  

Walkie Talkie Essentials and Questions Topic

Frederic

@Emad Malaeb @Kalahari @Hafiz Abdul Rahman @Ralph Geonzon @Shiju Manuel @Nizam Mohammed @Najeeb Mohammed @Chaitanya D @Jolly Abraham @Rafal W. @Jamy B. @Jihad Hachem @andersonlorente @Anvar Sadath Bekal @Jorge Stepniak Felippe @Nikhil Saju Paul

As suggested in the topic by Dragon Mart Off-Road Gear Shops, by @Frederic, I checked with a shop for the price of Baofeng UV-5R. Its 125Aed per piece and total 30aed delivery charges for any quantity. (refer below image). For multiple pieces he may give some discount. If anybody interested let me know today, then I will order in bulk. 

Screenshot_20200303-091601_WhatsApp.jpg

• Like (+1) 2

There seems to be a promo for the Baofengs at DG for 70 aed per piece. They only had a few available (100)

I have been in China 3 months ago, talked with a shop owner in one of those underground markets, I could get the UV-5R for 100 Yuan per piece,  not bulk price, “retail”. Thats 52 aed.

In my opinion, you shouldn’t pay more then 100 aed for them. Also without promotion they are offering them for around 100 aed at DG.

Regarding the Kenwood TK-UV3, if it was a real Kenwood, I would definitely go for the Kenwood, but I am almost sure that they are copies with just the Kenwood labels. Same like the Motorola’s.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

17 minutes ago, Nayan Shenai said:

@Emad Malaeb @Kalahari @Hafiz Abdul Rahman @Ralph Geonzon @Shiju Manuel @Nizam Mohammed @Najeeb Mohammed @Chaitanya D @Jolly Abraham @Rafal W. @Jamy B. @Jihad Hachem @andersonlorente @Anvar Sadath Bekal @Jorge Stepniak Felippe @Nikhil Saju Paul

As suggested in the topic by Dragon Mart Off-Road Gear Shops, by @Frederic, I checked with a shop for the price of Baofeng UV-5R. Its 125Aed per piece and total 30aed delivery charges for any quantity. (refer below image). For multiple pieces he may give some discount. If anybody interested let me know today, then I will order in bulk. 

Screenshot_20200303-091601_WhatsApp.jpg

Thanks @Nayan Shenai but sorry I already ordered for myself from Amazon (probably a bit cheaper). 

• Like (+1) 3

14 minutes ago, Xaf said:

There seems to be a promo for the Baofengs at DG for 70 aed per piece. They only had a few available (100)

I have been in China 3 months ago, talked with a shop owner in one of those underground markets, I could get the UV-5R for 100 Yuan per piece,  not bulk price, “retail”. Thats 52 aed.

In my opinion, you shouldn’t pay more then 100 aed for them. Also without promotion they are offering them for around 100 aed at DG.

Regarding the Kenwood TK-UV3, if it was a real Kenwood, I would definitely go for the Kenwood, but I am almost sure that they are copies with just the Kenwood labels. Same like the Motorola’s.

Correct i was in DM earlier this week and saw a banner that showed them at 75AED per piece. The Kenwood TK-UV3 is indeed mostprobably a chinese knockoff. That's why i am more inclined to go for Baofeng due to the amount of information, tutorials, and accesories available.

• Like (+1) 5

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Just now, Frederic said:

Correct i was in DM earlier this week and saw a banner that showed them at 75AED per piece. The Kenwood TK-UV3 is indeed mostprobably a chinese knockoff. That's why i am more inclined to go for Baofeng due to the amount of information, tutorials, and accesories available.

Agree with you.

Has anyone tried a different antenna for the baofengs? 

• Like (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, Nayan Shenai said:

@Chaitanya D can u share the link of the one you ordered.

@Nayan ShenaiI ordered baofeng uv 5r from amazon .( along with some other items I needed which were not available on amazon ae)Link below, and they ship to Dubai. Very minimal price difference I think

https://www.amazon.com/BaoFeng-UV-5R-Dual-Radio-Black/dp/B007H4VT7A/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?keywords=baofeng+uv5r&qid=1583216501&sr=8-3

• Like (+1) 3

53 minutes ago, Xaf said:

Agree with you.

Has anyone tried a different antenna for the baofengs? 

There are some guys on Youtube that did some trials with bigger antennas, some with better results, some with much worse results as the unit is normally calibrated with the standard antenna. Especially the UV5R is super popular in USA with the HAM radio guys, so they try out all these things.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

3 hours ago, Frederic said:

Baofengs are cheap I'll give them that, but they also sound cheap. If you are on the other side of the radio you can know who is using a baofeng because you cant understand what they are saying.

Edited by Javier M
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

7 minutes ago, Javier M said:

Baofengs are cheap I'll give them that, but they also sound cheap. If you are on the other side of the radio you can know who is using a baofeng because you cant understand what they are saying.

Also agree, that was the reason why I went to the motorola mt7777, not a real motorola btw, but sound quality is a bit better than the Baofeng.

• Like (+1) 3

Important Information

Terms of use