•  

Walkie Talkie Essentials and Questions Topic

Frederic

7 minutes ago, Javier M said:

Baofengs are cheap I'll give them that, but they also sound cheap. If you are on the other side of the radio you can know who is using a baofeng because you cant understand what they are saying.

I leave it up to anyone to buy whatever they want. I only advise newbies to start with a radio that is not too expensive and easy to set up for the main reason that starting a hobby is not a cheap thing and they will be confronted with many other investments along the way. Once you reach the point that you fully understand the functionalities and flaws of that radio, you can perfectly upgrade to a Yaesu or something more professional. 

2 minutes ago, Xaf said:

Also agree, that was the reason why I went to the motorola mt7777, not a real motorola btw, but sound quality is a bit better than the Baofeng.

The MT777 (now made by Crony) is sharing lots of components with the Baofeng radios. I recently programmed a Crony radio with a Baofeng programming cable and Baofeng software.

The main components to look at are:

* Sound: A 200dhs radio will probably sound louder and more crisp than a 50dhs model.

* Battery: A 2000mAh battery will last longer than a 1200mAh one.

* Build quality.

* Availability of accessories, support, etc...

• Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

3 hours ago, Chaitanya D said:

@Nayan ShenaiI ordered baofeng uv 5r from amazon .( along with some other items I needed which were not available on amazon ae)Link below, and they ship to Dubai. Very minimal price difference I think

https://www.amazon.com/BaoFeng-UV-5R-Dual-Radio-Black/dp/B007H4VT7A/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?keywords=baofeng+uv5r&qid=1583216501&sr=8-3

@Chaitanya D Thanks

• Like (+1) 3

• Like (+1) 2

43 minutes ago, Frederic said:

I leave it up to anyone to buy whatever they want. I only advise newbies to start with a radio that is not too expensive and easy to set up for the main reason that starting a hobby is not a cheap thing and they will be confronted with many other investments along the way. Once you reach the point that you fully understand the functionalities and flaws of that radio, you can perfectly upgrade to a Yaesu or something more professional. 

The MT777 (now made by Crony) is sharing lots of components with the Baofeng radios. I recently programmed a Crony radio with a Baofeng programming cable and Baofeng software.

The main components to look at are:

* Sound: A 200dhs radio will probably sound louder and more crisp than a 50dhs model.

* Battery: A 2000mAh battery will last longer than a 1200mAh one.

* Build quality.

* Availability of accessories, support, etc...

@Frederic totally agree with you on "starting a hobby is not a cheap thing". I am already being taken to task at home for spending on all the off road stuff.  Some of which I had to hide from my better half . :-))

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

2 minutes ago, Chaitanya D said:

@Frederic totally agree with you on "starting a hobby is not a cheap thing". I am already being taken to task at home for spending on all the off road stuff.  Some of which I had to hide from my better half . :-))

Hahahaha welcome to the club. Hide the receipts and lie!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

My other half is on the forum. So it’s already too late for me 😜

21 minutes ago, Xaf said:

@Javier M @Frederic

For the people that are interested;

”Where can we find the better material?”

Maybe here:

http://www.lambda-uae.com/2013/

Or look for reviews on Yaesu, Kenwood, Icom, and order them online.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

20 hours ago, Xaf said:

@Javier M @Frederic

For the people that are interested;

”Where can we find the better material?”

I got a CB radio instead, I don't have to worry about my battery running out, there is plenty of options in Amazon US (dont bother on amazon.ae). 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Javier M said:

I got a CB radio instead, I don't have to worry about my battery running out, there is plenty of options in Amazon US (dont bother on amazon.ae). 

10-4 Good Buddy GIF - 104 GoodBuddy Scream GIFs

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

Important Information

Terms of use