•  

Walkie Talkie Essentials and Questions Topic

Frederic

21 hours ago, Javier M said:

Baofengs are cheap I'll give them that, but they also sound cheap. If you are on the other side of the radio you can know who is using a baofeng because you cant understand what they are saying.

I totally agree on every word you said as I happen to have the same impression for Baofeng up until last year.

BUT SADLY all the historic user of Baofeng in Carnity off-road club was a classical example to try WEIRD positioning of hiding the mic, handset, hands free 3 million kms away and then speak from a tunnel on a upside down face.

Technically speaking it's nothing to do with Baofeng, if user does not or don't want to understand how basic radio works it's a user issue and not a brand issue.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

28 minutes ago, Szymon Stankiewicz said:

@Frederic it may be a little off-topic but what drive do you go to this weekend? If it's not the fewbie in Abu Dhabi can I meet you tommorow to collect my radio? 

Hi Szymon, i will be doing the Newbie Al Qudra Drive. Yes you can collect your radio anytime. Plz text me on 056 504 2632

• Like (+1) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

23 hours ago, Michael sammy said:

Here is he Dragon Mall offer @Frederic @Xaf @Nayan Shenai @Chaitanya D

WhatsApp Image 2020-03-03 at 2.59.06 PM.jpeg

@Michael sammy - Thanks for this. I finally got it from here. I opted for a delivery option, as I was not sure on going to Dragon Mart. :D 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

6 minutes ago, Nayan Shenai said:

@Frederic - Can you provide a link or instructions I can use to configure the BAOFENG UV-5R, for Carnity Frequencies.

Hi @Nayan Shenai

Attached video explains it clearly. Just have a few things to add:

* Put the STEP frequency to 6.25 if you program the first 4 frequencies in the radio.

*Put the STEP frequency to 12.5 if you program the fifth channel (462.88750).

You can either program these channels one by one into your radio, which is the easiest for you later on, or you can just enter the frequency without saving it. 

Our radios are programmed from Channel 1 to Channel 5 according to the following frequencies:

Capture.JPG.ca22c21a11bfcbbce0b2a1b9daccd932.JPG

Option 5 in your menu should be on Narrowband.

image.png.cff3caac2b647deb3551277ba42a7461.png

Option 10 and 12 in your menu should be set to OFF (we are not using CT codes).

image.png.7c45299dbc704d5bd6d892ac4d9a4b2f.png

image.png.fad986de458731033afcbdd041098dd8.png

BaoFeng_UV-5R_Manual_(1).pdf

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

1 hour ago, Frederic said:

Hi @Nayan Shenai

Attached video explains it clearly. Just have a few things to add:

* Put the STEP frequency to 6.25 if you program the first 4 frequencies in the radio.

*Put the STEP frequency to 12.5 if you program the fifth channel (462.88750).

You can either program these channels one by one into your radio, which is the easiest for you later on, or you can just enter the frequency without saving it. 

Our radios are programmed from Channel 1 to Channel 5 according to the following frequencies:

Capture.JPG.ca22c21a11bfcbbce0b2a1b9daccd932.JPG

Option 5 in your menu should be on Narrowband.

image.png.cff3caac2b647deb3551277ba42a7461.png

Option 10 and 12 in your menu should be set to OFF (we are not using CT codes).

image.png.7c45299dbc704d5bd6d892ac4d9a4b2f.png

image.png.fad986de458731033afcbdd041098dd8.png

BaoFeng_UV-5R_Manual_(1).pdf 3.58 MB · 0 downloads

Thanks @Frederic , I will try it out.

• Like (+1) 2

@Frederic can you please send some information/pdf/youtube video links for setting up Baofeng uv5r.

Edited by Chaitanya D
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Chaitanya D said:

@Frederic can you please send some information/pdf/youtube video links for setting up Baofeng uv5r.

@Chaitanya D check the post, just above your request.  It's pretty simplified.  I was able to configure using it  If not, I can do it for you before the next drive. it just takes 15mins.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

2 minutes ago, Nayan Shenai said:

@Chaitanya D check the post, just above your request.  It's pretty simplified.  I was able to configure using it  If not, I can do it for you before the next drive. it just takes 15mins.

@Nayan Shenai thanks 

@Frederic, my apologies for not seeing this complete thread and shooting a query to you. Thanks

• Like (+1) 4

Important Information

Terms of use