•  

Walkie Talkie Essentials and Questions Topic

Frederic

40 minutes ago, E.C. TAN said:

Anyone aware if this offer still available in DM?

Should be available. There is no last date for this offer.  You can confirm by calling the number 0508797266 (after 10am) mentioned on it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

On 3/9/2020 at 11:20 PM, Nayan Shenai said:

Should be available. There is no last date for this offer.  You can confirm by calling the number 0508797266 (after 10am) mentioned on it.

I got it. Offer still available 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

@Nayan Shenai i was able to re-program your Baofeng UV5R radio, and also updated the programming instructions. The problem was that:

1) The default programmed channels needed to be deleted first from channels 1 till 5.

2) When saving the frequency under a channel number (step 6 and step 7 in the instructions) you need to go through it twice. First you will hear confirmation voice for "receiving memory", and the second time you save it you will hear "transmit memory". This is necessary because in a simplex radio we always transmit and receive on the same frequency. 

@E.C. TAN @Chaitanya D if you have programming issues with this radio, have a look at the Advices section, i made a programming manual for most used radios, including the Baofeng UV5R.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

On 3/14/2020 at 11:04 PM, Frederic said:

@Nayan Shenai i was able to re-program your Baofeng UV5R radio, and also updated the programming instructions. The problem was that:

1) The default programmed channels needed to be deleted first from channels 1 till 5.

2) When saving the frequency under a channel number (step 6 and step 7 in the instructions) you need to go through it twice. First you will hear confirmation voice for "receiving memory", and the second time you save it you will hear "transmit memory". This is necessary because in a simplex radio we always transmit and receive on the same frequency. 

@E.C. TAN @Chaitanya D if you have programming issues with this radio, have a look at the Advices section, i made a programming manual for most used radios, including the Baofeng UV5R.

@Frederic , will you be present at the Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Pink Rock (Sharjah) - 20 Mar 2020. Can I collect my radio from you at this drive?

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Nayan Shenai said:

@Frederic , will you be present at the Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Pink Rock (Sharjah) - 20 Mar 2020. Can I collect my radio from you at this drive?

Hi @Nayan Shenai I will be leading the Fewbie drive that same morning from Mahafiz. Will try to meet up with Rahimdad maybe to hand over you the radio.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

• 2 months later...

@Frederic and @Vanessa8580 ,  Thanks for setting up my MT-777. Really appreciate the help.

@Srikumar handed it to me this morning . It really helps a lot to make our drive easier with very clear communications.

See you soon in our next drives.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

@Anish S @Janarthan you can add further comments on radios in this topic.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, i will be joining my 1st drive with the group soon. due to COVID 19 restrictions i understand that we cannot get off our cars so all the communication will be done through radio from the starting point. 

what radio frequency should i set in advance to communicate in drives? is it a fixed frequency in all drives? thanks. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MlHazim said:

Hi, i will be joining my 1st drive with the group soon. due to COVID 19 restrictions i understand that we cannot get off our cars so all the communication will be done through radio from the starting point. 

what radio frequency should i set in advance to communicate in drives? is it a fixed frequency in all drives? thanks. 

You will find all the 5 Carnity frequencies in below topic. Also the tutorial and video on how to program your radio.

Let me know if you have any questions,

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use