•  

Walkie Talkie Essentials and Questions Topic

Frederic

1 hour ago, Frederic said:

You will find all the 5 Carnity frequencies in below topic. Also the tutorial and video on how to program your radio.

Let me know if you have any questions,

Thank you! already programmed all 5 channels. is it normal however that when you press the PTT button the frequency on the screen will change? 

i feel like my recieving frequency and my transmitting frequency are different. not sure if however this is how it should be. for example now i am on channel one and the screen shows frequency of 446.006.25 when i click PTT 462.887.50 comes up on the screen.  

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, MlHazim said:

Thank you! already programmed all 5 channels. is it normal however that when you press the PTT button the frequency on the screen will change? 

i feel like my recieving frequency and my transmitting frequency are different. not sure if however this is how it should be. for example now i am on channel one and the screen shows frequency of 446.006.25 when i click PTT 462.887.50 comes up on the screen.  

Looks like you made a small error. Which radio do you have ?

Send and Receive frequencies should be the same. You might have programmed the send frequency as 446.00625 and receive as 462.8875.

• Like (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

1 hour ago, MlHazim said:

I have the baofeng uv-5r 

If you watch the UV5-R Youtube video it will show you that you need to remove/delete channel 1 till 5 and then start over again. You might have skipped a small portion. Just go through the Youtube video from the start and follow every step exactly.

It probably went wrong in steps 6 and 7

B35089DA-2948-4057-BA8B-AA6B6D223D05.jpeg.81c4bc65acfc85eb0dbf57dcaaafccdf.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Frederic said:

If you watch the UV5-R Youtube video it will show you that you need to remove/delete channel 1 till 5 and then start over again. You might have skipped a small portion. Just go through the Youtube video from the start and follow every step exactly.

It probably went wrong in steps 6 and 7

B35089DA-2948-4057-BA8B-AA6B6D223D05.jpeg.81c4bc65acfc85eb0dbf57dcaaafccdf.jpeg

yes!! how silly of me.. i did not do step 7 at all. it should be working fine now!

much appreciated

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

• 1 year later...

Hi, Before I can read on Carnity about buying a radio, I ordered a Crony CN-988. Since it does not have a screen as recommended, I am not sure if this is the right radio for me.  I want to know if this can be easily programmed or shall I just return this and order a new one?

Thank you. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Siddick Sait said:

Hi, Before I can read on Carnity about buying a radio, I ordered a Crony CN-988. Since it does not have a screen as recommended, I am not sure if this is the right radio for me.  I want to know if this can be easily programmed or shall I just return this and order a new one?

Thank you. 

Hi @Siddick Sait that model can only be programmed with a laptop, special cable, and Crony software which is mostly in Chinese. So you are better off getting a model with a programming display. 

Baofeng UV5R, Motorola or Crony MT777 are all good models that are easy to program without a laptop and we have the programming instructions posted on the forum here.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Frederic said:

Hi @Siddick Sait that model can only be programmed with a laptop, special cable, and Crony software which is mostly in Chinese. So you are better off getting a model with a programming display. 

Baofeng UV5R, Motorola or Crony MT777 are all good models that are easy to program without a laptop and we have the programming instructions posted on the forum here.

Thanks for your response. I will return/exchange the one I bought. 

• 1 year later...
On 3/4/2020 at 10:03 AM, Javier M said:

I got a CB radio instead, I don't have to worry about my battery running out, there is plenty of options in Amazon US (dont bother on amazon.ae). 

Sorry if it already exists - are there some forum discussions on CB radios somewhere? Looking to get one for my setup.

Important Information

Terms of use