•  

LIWA Intermediate Desert Drive - 28 Feb 2020

Gaurav

Liwa - An Unforgettable Experience

For the intermediate and above level offroaders, who have missed the chance to experience Liwa on 14 Feb, here comes another golden opportunity to embrace Liwa with its open buffet of some of the best dunes in the UAE.

As much as Liwa is fun, thrilling and mind boggling with humongous dunes and vast desert, it is indeed very tricky, scary and challenging to test all your off-road skills in one drive. More than the skills and your vehicle capabilities, you need to be very sharp, calculative and attentive to understand the convoy movement with patience and level head at all times.

As it's a 3+ hour drive from Dubai so ideally well rested body will enjoy this whole day drive without fatigue, so reaching a night before and camping or sleeping in the car at meeting point would be ideal, but completely optional for everyone.

WhatsApp Image 2020-02-23 at 5.55.10 PM.jpeg

When: 28 February January 2020, Friday

Drive start: 7:45 AM, the convoy will move at sharp 8:00 AM

Where: Maraba Al Dhafra Petrol Station, Zayed City, Abu Dhabi

Meeting point: https://goo.gl/maps/3TNYZFbBztR93Yo76

Level: Intermediate and above - STRICTLY.

Type of Car: Proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 10 inches of ground clearance. Well serviced and thoroughly checked to be in pristine condition without any flaws, warning light, mechanical or electrical malfunction.

Plan: Explore and drive till about 05:00 PM

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks, smiles, stories, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

• Extra fuel jerry can - at least 20 liter, more the better.
  • Spare tire should be in good working condition.
  • Drinks & ready to cook food for lunch and dinner
  • Snacks or nuts to munch while driving
  • All spare fluids for your car
  • Firewood (20 kg) / Car - If you are camping
  • Optional items if you have them bring them with you (no special purchase needed)
    • Binoculars
    • Sand track/mat
    • Tie-down straps
    • Tool kit, Ratchet, socket set
    • Essential spare parts for your car
    • Axe, Saw, Heavy duty Hammer etc.

Approximate finish time:  5:00 PM

Camping and bonfire: 6:00 PM - 10:00 PM - (Optional)

Sleep over: 10:00 PM - 6:00 AM - 29 Feb 2020- (Optional)

MUST READ: 

Please RSVP on the below calendar.

• Like (+1) 6

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Checking my tools if everything is complete, I thought, lets check the lug wrench that came with the car.

Just to make myself ready if I get a day off.

Is it not the correct size! Yes I changed the lugs to black ones, but I checked them with the previous ones, but they are the same size.

Just heads up for other people. 😅

• Like (+1) 4
  • Well Done (+2) 3

1 minute ago, Javier M said:

Who is planning to stay the night? 

@Jeepie and myself plan on arriving Thursday around 10pm (work permitting we will leave around 7pm). Or were you thiking about Friday night? 

Don't really fancy a 3 hour blast from Dubia and then a full day in the Dunes - better the other way round (hahaha)

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Wrangeld said:

@Jeepie and myself plan on arriving Thursday around 10pm (work permitting we will leave around 7pm). Or were you thiking about Friday night? 

Don't really fancy a 3 hour blast from Dubia and then a full day in the Dunes - better the other way round (hahaha)

I meant on Friday night after the drive

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Javier M said:

I meant on Friday night after the drive

Sadly, I need to be back at work Saturday and am travelling the whole week from Sunday ... so no option to stay. 

• Like (+1) 4

Im reaching on Thursday night too by 11 PM - 12 AM, means before 2 AM ill reach and sleep, lol.

For people sensitive to sleeping in light (like myself). Take 50 meter detour just before adnoc meeting point and drive on sandy patch to park car just outside Adnoc facing the highway. We did this last time and I had nice 4 hrs sleep without any disturbance.

For Friday evening, I was 50/50 initially to stay or leave but recently got the new schedule from ministry of interior, so I will be leaving by 5-6 PM in evening.

Guys who ever have extra radio and its charger, please bring it on as in full day drive, radio needs bit of boost.

• Like (+1) 4

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Important Information

Terms of use