•  
Advertise here

How is Hummer H3 for off-road use in UAE?

andy_macdxb

8 minutes ago, andy_macdxb said:

Any thoughts, well maintain H3 140k milage. How reliable generally. Look fairly capable off road and sand driving? A contender for PRADO/PAJERO? 

H3 is a good offroader, just not the easiest to learn because of the weight. Make sure it's well maintained. @Tbone and @Joe Biju Joseph both drive one.

• Like (+1) 3

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

2 hours ago, Frederic said:

H3 is a good offroader, just not the easiest to learn because of the weight. Make sure it's well maintained. @Tbone and @Joe Biju Joseph both drive one.

I do drive one, and I find it to be very capable. It just took a while to get used to how it performs in a new environment because mine hadn't gone off road too often before.

• Like (+1) 3

For the desert capability I will highly advise to listen to @Joe Biju Joseph and @Tbone as they both are using their H3 regularly, unlike @desertdude comment (if you have searched older topics).

For Hummer as a brand that has been discontinued since almost 10 years now, my main concern would be to source new/used parts regularly in the UAE.

Prado, FJC, Xterra are also VERY GOOD contender, do consider them.

• Like (+1) 3

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

32 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

For the desert capability I will highly advise to listen to @Joe Biju Joseph and @Tbone as they both are using their H3 regularly, unlike @desertdude comment (if you have searched older topics).

For Hummer as a brand that has been discontinued since almost 10 years now, my main concern would be to source new/used parts regularly in the UAE.

Prado, FJC, Xterra are also VERY GOOD contender, do consider them.

Yeah i was a bit concerned about this when bringing my H3 to the desert, but i was surprised because a lot of the parts for it are still available. A lot of mechanics can have OEM spares ordered and delivered from GM itself.

• Like (+1) 1

Just like the FJ I'm not a big fan of the visibility problem for both of them from inside. High hip line and low roof make them look cool on the outside but impede visibility inside out hence decreasing situational and terrain awareness. 

Other than that. Once you learn to how drive in the dunes you can pretty much drive anything without too much hassle.

Unless your only metric for measuring performance is how high your car will climb faya 

Edited by desertdude
  • Like (+1) 1