•  

Afternoon Newbie Desert Drive - Maliha (Sharjah) - 6 Mar 2020

Gaurav

6 minutes ago, Frederic said:

I’ve seen two types of drivers so far. People that have joined the club, took some time to got through most of the posts and information to get themselves familiarized, and people who just click on “going” without having the slightest clue on what they’ve signed up for. I guess we can all guess which type of persons will learn this skill the quickest...

Offtopic,

I vote for a closed discussion group for the higher ranked members to discuss/ address all kind of things.

• Like (+1) 2

Thanks to the organizers again - after a long day and some challenges towards the end of the trip, they stayed patient and made the right decisions. I thoroughly enjoyed the trip - learned a lot about my car and what can be done in these dunes. And a fabulous sunset from Fossil Rock to end the day. 
I did find a convoy of 23 cars a bit of a challenge, as the cars at the back had some churned-out tracks to navigate - maybe around 10 cars in a convoy should be good? But great that the group is growing, with a LOT of activity on Friday. See you next Friday!!!

• Like (+1) 6
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3

3 hours ago, Emad Malaeb said:

Hi all, very big thanks for Mr. @Gaurav and @Emmanuel  @Rahimdad for the fantastic day we spent yesterday .i really enjoyed the experience which I learned, see you next week.

@Emad MalaebI would have been glad to be part of this drive, but the thing is that I wasn’t here yesterday afternoon 😂. Maybe you wanted to say thank you to @Xaf, @Wrangeld, @Jeepie and/or @Ale Vallecchi who were here to support @Gaurav and @Rahimdad

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Xaf said:

Good morning everybody.

I hope everybody reached home safely. It was a challenging sunset yesterday.

Off-roading is a team sport, the bigger the team, the more challenging to manage. I want to stress out 3 things that are important in my opinion to keep the process streamlined.

1- Radio
If you have bought a radio, please take the effort to read the manual or Fred's guideline how to program your radio. Or take the effort to come 10 minutes early and talk to one of the other drivers if you need help. 

2- Deflating
Lowering the tire pressure is essential for driving in the sand. Off roading is a sport/ hobby that needs some investments, we don't expect that you arrive with full recovery gear on your first newbie drive.
In my opinion, the cheapest investment you should invest (Financially and a bit of your own time to read/ watch YouTube instruction) is a DEFLATOR. 
There are different ways to deflate your tire. Do your own research and make a choice. What I did/ do when I have a new deflator, I test it! I drive to a gas station, check if the air pump is working and I test my deflator. Test the gauge, see how much it is reading. (Not every gauge is calibrated the same, so the gauge might over/ under- read.)
Inflate my tires again and drive away. So I feel comfortable with my new gadget. But this is my technique. 
The same counts for the radio, if you have bought new equipment and you don't know how to use it, please arrive 10 minutes early and ask one of the other members to help you.

3- Open communication
As I said, this is a team sport. Don't be afraid to ask any questions. If you are ashamed to ask a question in front of a big group, ask the question direct to one of the more experienced. There are no stupid questions, only stupid answers. This also counts for during the drive, please communicate.
Hearing is a sense that is effected by stress. If you get stuck, or in any uncomfortable situation, hearing is the first sense that will deteriorate. Thats why the communication over the radio is essential. Talking to each other pulls you out of this tunnel vision so we can guide you.

Hope to see you all on the next trip.

Sorry but can I add something, as a newbie it's too early for me to make suggestions!:-))

When new drivers sign up and are asked about which car they drive, tow hooks and prior off road experience , along with this it would be better to provide them the exact thread advising on what is needed as a newcomer.

Just to make it point they read it and be aware because sometimes they may read  other discussions/threads on carnity which are of interest. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

14 minutes ago, Chaitanya D said:

Sorry but can I add something, as a newbie it's too early for me to make suggestions!:-))

When new drivers sign up and are asked about which car they drive, tow hooks and prior off road experience , along with this it would be better to provide them the exact thread advising on what is needed as a newcomer.

Just to make it point they read it and be aware because sometimes they may read  other discussions/threads on carnity which are of interest. 

This is actually mentioned on every drive post:

456E125D-216F-45C5-A0B5-1D2708B1ED4F.jpeg

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 4

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Greetings to all the members who joined on last Friday . It was my first experience with you guys and I must say it was one of my memorable moments . As per the instructions I bought the Motorola transceiver recommended by @Rahimdad and the other fellow member ( sorry forgot his name ) the shovel , the pressure gauge and Electric air pump and the aerial . Thanks to all of you and really impressed by @Gaurav driving skills And I am all set and fully equipped to join you guys once again for more fun drives. 
Regards 
@Shahab Khan

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 5

Important Information

Terms of use