•  
Advertise here

It's a Jeep thing ... 'All hot and bothered'

Wrangeld

@Jeepie @Wrangeld

Please try the above suggestions, you have a very nice car, piece of history. I know it hurts to invest but I love to watch your TJ and Sri’s XJ and all the other classic cars driving in front of me.

Hope you find a reliable shop who can help you with the work if you need to replace or install stuff. But I’m sure the people here can also help you with that.

Good luck!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

@Wrangeld in addition to the suggestions above you may want to try adding an overflow tank. This really helps, had it on my jeep back home as that used to overheat even on the highway. Someone suggested this overflow tank and I gave it a shot. Never had an overheating issue after that.

Check on the suggestion provided by others, this should just be an addition to all that. You can go through the article at the link below that explains  what this tank basically does. 

https://cartreatments.com/radiator-coolant-overflow-tank/

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Thanks everyone for the input on this thread. We will now start researching and investigating the options ... and try to find a garage that can take the car on a Saturday or Sunday and return it on a Thursday. 

@Xaf don't worry. Between us, myself and @Jeepie have been running classic motors for years and years (me mostly with 4 wheels, Jeepie with 2) and know that they need investment. There's a lot of love already for the TJ, so it's going nowhere [even though I still hanker after something additional ...]

@Srikumar @sertac @Brette @Javier M Thanks for the Jeep experiences. That's what I really enjoy about Carnity - the support is incredible form all sides and particularly brand sepcific information. 

@Gaurav @desertdude @Kalahari @Barry Thanks for the additional extremely helpful (or humorous/or both!) advice and feedback. 

As Xaf continues to remind us, offroading is a team game and we truly appreciate this input to help keep us moving along with the team week after week. 

Will update you once we make these changes to add to the general knowledgge base about what works or doesn't. 

See you soon in the sand. 

• Like (+1) 4

• 4 weeks later...

So, I thought I would give a quick update here. 

We have fitted the secon, independent fan at the front of the radiator as proposed by @Javier M . 

Now the question is whether we will ever get the chance to test if it's made any difference. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 3

7 minutes ago, Wrangeld said:

So, I thought I would give a quick update here. 

We have fitted the secon, independent fan at the front of the radiator as proposed by @Javier M . 

Now the question is whether we will ever get the chance to test if it's made any difference. 

It's a jeep, probably wont make any difference!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

30 minutes ago, desertdude said:

It's a jeep, probably wont make any difference!

Thanks a lot. I never said how big it is ...

6-Gas-Drive-Primary-photo1.jpg

• Haha (+1) 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/4/2020 at 10:22 PM, desertdude said:

Still won't do It's a Jeep you need a fan at least this big

jeepc.jpg

These fans work really well, but you want to have its balance checked first to prevent it screwing up your water pump. 

• Haha (+1) 3

2 hours ago, treks said:

These fans work really well, but you want to have its balance checked first to prevent it screwing up your water pump. 

It's a jeep, having the fan balanced is the least of his worries!

• Haha (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use