•  

Morning Newbie Drive - Solar Park Dubai - March 13th 2020

Frederic

It has been an amazing drive today!! It has been a big step for my second drive and eventhough it has been quite challenging it has been an awesome experience! Thanks to @Gaurav for an amazing guidance and to @Mels Wolf for getting stuck on purpose so we could learn how to tow a car!!!

Thanks for everything!! Cannot wait for the next one! 

20200313_103751.jpg

• Like (+1) 6
  • Well Done (+2) 1

17 hours ago, Frederic said:

Trip Report Convoy 1

Another beautiful morning with the Carnity Crew !

Upon my arrival at the Solar Park Innovation Centre, i was glad to see already 5-10 cars which were deflating and getting to know each-other. By 07:00 we headed out to the briefing point (thanks to @Gaurav for finding that sweet spot). 

For the first time we compressed the briefing a bit, mainly because we see so many hungry faces, but also because some explanations can be done better when the action is there, and also due to the introduction of the essential briefing read on the website:

https://carnity.com/brief

We settled for 4 convoys, and headed for the dunes, eager to taste the sand. The first half hour in my drive lead, i came across enough patches and technical dunes that i kept wondering myself if i was not somewhere in Lisailli (an area known for this more tricky kind of terrain). 

Luckily i found an excellent second ead in @Nayan Shenai who kept sufficient distance, communicated with the convoy really well, and slightly rerouted on some areas where we knew  @Mohammed Osama his Subaru, or the mighty F150 from @Melenany would face difficulties. 

As we normally not do any sidey's on a newbie drive, we came across 2 or 3 dunes which were perfect to do some training on steering control and momentum. All drivers managed really well and i was impressed with all of you !

Of course we had to do some straight-up straight-down dune crossings to learn that 'leap of faith' feeling, and to learn that we should not smash on the brakes, but let the car and its weight gently come over the dune. 

with @Xaf as my sweep who is always a blessing to have around, and seeing him teaching some tricks to handle steep descents with big F150 truck, reassures me that Xaf is always analyzing on every drive. Comes with the job i am sure :)

@Colin Jordan i hope you can stretch your legs a bit more on the next coming fewbie drives. I am sure you will love it !

@Dale Panganiban - Fabrication, @Mohammed Osama, @Magellan @Jolly Abraham @sheri @Chaitanya D @Nitin Mohan @Melenany all you guys did really great. It takes a team they say, well then i must say it was a perfect team !

See you soon in the sands again !

Many thanks @Frederic for the ride and the day. Many thanks @Xaf for the support and tricks.

See you soon 

Edited by Melenany
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

To all you boys and girls.

Thanks for this great first new experience and helping me out with the basics like lowering tires, putting putting car in H gear, borrowing compressor etc Without you guys I would have had several recovery's or stucks.

looking for to the next time. See you next week.

By the way my name is Pancho, only do not know how to change it in the profile

• Like (+1) 4
  • Well Done (+2) 1

1 hour ago, Franciscus buitenhuis said:

By the way my name is Pancho, only do not know how to change it in the profile

you can send an email to Carnity admin through the Contact Us page mentioning the email id through which you have registered. The admin would be able to help in this regard.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

1 hour ago, Srikumar said:

you can send an email to Carnity admin through the Contact Us page mentioning the email id through which you have registered. The admin would be able to help in this regard.

Thanks but i cannot find on the stie the Contact us location.

• Like (+1) 2

@Srikumar   Thank you for being such an amazing lead, and for allowing us to experience the different elements of a desert.

Thanks to all the community members for helping me out when my car got stuck. 

It was a day full of thrill and new learnings. Looking forward for another one.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

3 minutes ago, Franciscus buitenhuis said:

Thanks but i cannot find on the stie the Contact us location.

Scroll to the very end of this page and you ll find the link above the copyright disclaimer 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use