•  

Morning Newbie Drive - Solar Park Dubai - March 13th 2020

Frederic

@Frederic 

super managed morning, shorter briefing and 4 convoys driving. Well done Fred.

Apologize that I don’t remember who were in my convoy, but I want to give a compliment to the driver who was giving correct instructions to cars in front of him. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

Thanks to all of you for this first off-road drive. @Gaurav special tanks for the help with the noise and loose part. It is fixed now and I am ready for the next one!

In the picture Convoy 3 ready!

6A90914D-24A5-4B3A-BB2B-95E6039A5FE1.jpeg

• Like (+1) 5
  • Well Done (+2) 3

Thank you to all the Marshals, second leads, sweeps and anchors. Very successful drive, which I am sure the whole huge group enjoyed. Very well done to all the drivers, new and not so new. This is becoming a ritual to look forward to every week. So... see you next week. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

Trip Report - Convoy 4.

As the club grows and blossoms it is time to make some changes in order to improve things which is also a part of the feedback we receive from our members. One of these changes was the change of briefing spot from the meeting spot, so once the clock strike 7 am we moved out to the briefing spot. Second change was a shortened brief with only the very essential part of off-roading which you need to understand even before you deflate. We had some random questions and were very pleased to see that some of the members had taken the time to go through the brief and knew the answers. After the brief we divided the huge convoy into 4 parts, I was leading the 4th convoy. In my second lead I had @Jun Zamora who kept a safe distance to be sure to make the necessary changes as and when I requested him to, although I felt the gap was a bit too much, but being the first time he was in second lead I will appreciate him following the instructions well and keeping the convoy safe.

After that I had @Pancho who was very patient and was soaking in all the information and trying to learn a thing or two about his car while having some tamed fun. He was followed by @paolo dassi who seemed to manage well and at one occasion had the shock of his life when he discovered he could self-recover from very difficult situation. My respect to him for listening and executing the recovery so well. @Jose Martin did everything without a hiccup, and had his car under good control at all times. @Shahid Mehmood also got to learn from the experience more about his car and how to tame his beast. @AryaMan Muse was next, followed by @Pickey Singh, @Anouar Anouar and my trusted companion @Shamil who was there to keep the convoy moving.

Together we scaled the desert and even found a couple of tricky stretches, but very proud to see everyone manage very well and I hope that besides the odd refusals and 1 stuck where @Shamil had to pull out the Chevy Silverado all enjoyed and learned from this experience. Until next time, I leave you with the loads of pictures in the Gallery to browse through and add your own to the wonderful collection.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 3

Thanks @Rahimdad for that opportunity for me to learn being a second lead.  Still hungry to learn more from the legends and yes you did lead us to some tricky dunes that added to our experience. One thing i learned was getting out of being stuck. Though you asked me to wait while you were recovering the other vehicle, i was also busy finding solution of my situation. Until i remembered what @Gaurav said during the briefing to apply 4L as the last resort to self recover. With the help of @Pancho we succeeded without giving you  much headache. For me it was an opportunity to learn and experience being stuck on that inclined angle. My passengers were bit scared, but knowing that we are driving with veterans , no need to panic. stucked.thumb.jpg.8eb67dfdec5fa02f997aed201bc8044c.jpg

Thanks for all the rest of our convoy , we did great on that day.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 3

On 3/13/2020 at 2:38 PM, Frederic said:

Trip Report Convoy 1

Another beautiful morning with the Carnity Crew !

Upon my arrival at the Solar Park Innovation Centre, i was glad to see already 5-10 cars which were deflating and getting to know each-other. By 07:00 we headed out to the briefing point (thanks to @Gaurav for finding that sweet spot). 

For the first time we compressed the briefing a bit, mainly because we see so many hungry faces, but also because some explanations can be done better when the action is there, and also due to the introduction of the essential briefing read on the website:

https://carnity.com/brief

We settled for 4 convoys, and headed for the dunes, eager to taste the sand. The first half hour in my drive lead, i came across enough patches and technical dunes that i kept wondering myself if i was not somewhere in Lisailli (an area known for this more tricky kind of terrain). 

Luckily i found an excellent second ead in @Nayan Shenai who kept sufficient distance, communicated with the convoy really well, and slightly rerouted on some areas where we knew  @Mohammed Osama his Subaru, or the mighty F150 from @Melenany would face difficulties. 

As we normally not do any sidey's on a newbie drive, we came across 2 or 3 dunes which were perfect to do some training on steering control and momentum. All drivers managed really well and i was impressed with all of you !

Of course we had to do some straight-up straight-down dune crossings to learn that 'leap of faith' feeling, and to learn that we should not smash on the brakes, but let the car and its weight gently come over the dune. 

with @Xaf as my sweep who is always a blessing to have around, and seeing him teaching some tricks to handle steep descents with big F150 truck, reassures me that Xaf is always analyzing on every drive. Comes with the job i am sure :)

@Colin Jordan i hope you can stretch your legs a bit more on the next coming fewbie drives. I am sure you will love it !

@Dale Panganiban - Fabrication, @Mohammed Osama, @Magellan @Jolly Abraham @sheri @Chaitanya D @Nitin Mohan @Melenany all you guys did really great. It takes a team they say, well then i must say it was a perfect team !

See you soon in the sands again !

Sorry for the delayed response.  But, school vacations are keeping me busy. 😁

Thanks to @Frederic, for giving me opportunity to drive as second lead. I just did what I observed in my earlier drives.  It was a wonderful day and due to the short brief session we hit the sand earlier. @Frederic leading the way and wisely choosing the path,  with some adrenaline punches,  the drive completed with minimal issues. Also, I agree that this time the convoy felt like a team! Kudos to all!!

Hoping to be in the same team again. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use