•  

Afternoon Fewbie Desert Drive - Badayer (Sharjah) - 13 Mar 2020

Gaurav

It’s not a stock bumper but I do need a bash plate, ideally a strong metal one that attaches directly to the chasis and not the bumper itself. If anyone has any recommendations as to where to get it installed please let me know. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Ladies and Gentlemen and Kids (TG's son), I had lots of fun as always when driving with such good people as you are all. thanks to all that watched over us and kept us safe from harms way and irrational behaviors that can overwhelm you when you are driving among all the crazy off-roaders out there. And if you really want to enjoy calm driving please give a big applause to Richard he is the voice on the radio that reminds you to "Keep Calm and off-road" :)

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

On 3/13/2020 at 11:45 PM, Salarios said:

By the way, this is me breaking my front bumper. I welcome your comments and criticisms on what I did wrong here.. 

image.png

• Not safe distance between white pajero and your patrol, you could have pulled over little earlier when you have seen the white Pajero stopped.
  • Stopped on slightly inclined than on flat ground, which made it difficult to move up again.
  • Pay 100% attention to close vicinity before you stop as you have completely missed the dip on right side where you hit the bumper.
  • You could have reversed out if car had a refusal to climb up than going side ways which is not a part of the track that entire convoy took.
  • If you knew that dip on right and if you still have to go through it, no matter what, could have taken that dip with very slow speed.
  • Irrespective of all above "minor" mistakes, your bumper design, material or angle is not perfect for such use. Research more on the best ways to avoid such damage and get the strong bash plate and skid plate. 
  • Like (+1) 6

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Thank you @Gaurav for the detailed analysis. I couldn’t see ahead so I slowed down as soon as the refusal was announced on the radio, which meant I stopped in a sticky spot. The car behind me also stopped very close to me so I couldn’t back out. When I accelerated I felt the car slide into the pocket on the right and so I tried to save it by swerving head first into it to use the momentum to avoid getting stuck in the pocket. But obviously had too much momentum. Looking back, it’s much clearer to me as to what I should have done, and of course everything you said is spot on. 
I really recommend recording your drives people! You can relive your mistakes in full HD view! 😂

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

Terms of use