•  

Afternoon Newbie Desert Drive - Maliha (Sharjah) - 14 Mar 2020

Gaurav

Maliha offers the most beautiful and scenic desert in Sharjah for perfect learning opportunity for absolute newbies for their first time desert driving thrilling experience.

If you have already driven in sand before then you can learn more from experts having decades of offroading experience in the UAE. This area offers a good mix of playable long set of dunes and broad ridge to test your off-road control.

Drive is open for all 4x4/4WD/SUV/AWD vehicle having 8-10 inches of ground clearance and front and rear tow hooks.

You can bring your family, friends and kids, but if you are absolute new to sand offroading it is better to drive alone first to learn offroading without any distractions.

Drive will start with detail briefing, followed by 2-3 hours of driving in sand dunes and then followed by a break for refreshments over a feedback and assessment session for each offroader.

What you'll learn:

• Introduction to off-roading
  • Desert driving basics and etiquette
  • Desert driving tips, techniques, myth and best practices
  • Off-road and safety gear familiarization and recovery procedures
  • Vehicle orientation, risk analysis, deflation and outdoor safety advice

First time with Carnity Off-road Club:

• Please share your vehicle details below
  • Prior off-road experience (Yes/No)
  • Confirm front and rear tow hooks

Level: Absolute Newbie, Newbies and above (All level)

When: 14 Mar 2020, Saturday

Meeting time: 1:00 PM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: ADNOC Service Station https://goo.gl/maps/Sbpz4wid8MuoNmKAA

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks, smiles, stories, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time:  7:00 PM

End Point: ADNOC Service Station - https://goo.gl/maps/QGPXdFJHC9Z629JY8

MUST READ: 

Please RSVP on the below calendar:

• Like (+1) 4

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

@Gaurav please dont fail me if I dont answer :-))

I have gone through the details mentioned in the link. Many thanks 

Edited by Chaitanya D
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Gaurav said:

Dear Newbies and Absolute Newbies:

To speed up our newbie briefings, we have drafted an Absolute Newbie Essentials Briefing here online, which does not take more than 10 minutes to read, and is consisting of our main safety advices.

We kindly ask you to go through this briefing, so we have more "action" time instead of "talking" time coming Saturday.

@Kalahari @E.C. TAN @Chaitanya D @Jamy B. @RohanH @Shahid Mehmood @Alexander Sarte @Hariharan @Matti Brockman

https://carnity.com/brief

Please take your time to read these advices to arrive prepared and good to go :) 

Random question will be asked to make sure that everyone complies with above brief.

Uuuh a quiz! 🤓

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Kalahari said:

@Jamy B. hopefully open-book multiple choice? Or phone a friend - @Rahimdad is my phone pal!

I think with your 50 car convoy on Friday, the last guys will just about finish by the time we leave on Saturday!

I’m taking the test tomorrow firstly, so I’ll let you know 😉 

The 50 cars convoy idea reminds me of that snake game. I don’t know if someone else played it before 🎮 

7364857C-8C2D-43A4-B225-AA342C63B78D.jpeg

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

1 hour ago, Kalahari said:

@Chaitanya D at least we are not ABSOLUTE Newbies anymore :-) Once you have a spade-full of sand in your car's carpets, you should be considered as just a normal Newby...

@Kalahari I have a "patrol" load of sand already in my car.... the feeling of somebody looking at my car if I am supposed to sell and telling me " oh- it's been off road!!" is quite saddening . :-))

hope I pass out with flying colors tomorrow...hahaha.

1 hour ago, Jamy B. said:

Uuuh a quiz! 🤓

@Jamy B. Please come prepared to pass !! That snake used to get very long with Nokia 3310 users .

@Frederic just wanted to know how big (in number of cars ) was the largest  in carnity of all time ?

Edited by Chaitanya D
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

Important Information

Terms of use