•  

Afternoon Newbie Desert Drive - Maliha (Sharjah) - 14 Mar 2020

Gaurav

9 hours ago, Xaf said:

Gaurav came back with an option to get out, but before we decided to do it, we discussed the risks. We think Alexander made a good call not to do it and first let a mechanic look at it and if the mechanic can't fix it to ask a recovery company.

Wow, @Gaurav  *came back* after showing everyone the way home? Give this dedicated man a standing applause please 👏👏👏 . That's some dedication & leadership right there 👍

• Totally Agree (+2) 5

7 hours ago, Gaurav said:

@Alexander Sarte as his trusted Toyota 4runner decided to give up half way up the climb. There was no sign of engine overheating or any other mechanical damage or accident but just it wasn't moving in any gear. We tried shifting to Lo and High but gear wasn't engaging and kept on making grinding noise as soon as we drop in D or any other gear.

I had this "grinding noise" problem when shifting back from 4H to 2H with my Pajero 8 years back... that feeling is scary, but luckily was able to drive (at slow speed) to the nearest Mitsubishi service center to get it looked at. This may be one of the cons of driving Automatic, but now after every 10,000kms service, one of the things I checked after getting the car back from garage is whether I can shift from 2H to 4H-4L and back again to 2H... hopefully @Alexander Sarte's 4Runner is fixed in timely manner before the next drive. 

• Like (+1) 3

Important Information

Terms of use