•  
Advertise here

Anyone into stock trading here?

adil

What is happening and why all markets are shooting down todaythan 2 week back when COIVID was at prime. Too much good buy when I dont have cash, wht is the next forecast for week to 1 month horizin?

• Like (+1) 2

@Xaf has already said it perfectly, but just to add a point: the method which the world will need to control the rapid spread of the COVID-19 pandemic, is exactly what will cause a global recession: a quarantine on a massive scale. Every industry will be negatively affected by the quarantine due to economic inactivity. Stock markets will continue to decline because of it (every 20% drop is called a "bear" market, and we'll see a lot of those), and experience in the past 40 years has shown that it takes about a year for a bear market to correct itself. Stock traders are trying to forcibly prevent a freefall by using a method called "circut-breakers" which temporarily halts trading to cool the markets (and we've had two of those in the past week) but still there is little hope. Don't invest right now, you'll lose money. 

Edited by Salarios
Grammar
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

On 3/9/2020 at 7:00 PM, adil said:

What is happening and why all markets are shooting down todaythan 2 week back when COIVID was at prime. Too much good buy when I dont have cash, wht is the next forecast for week to 1 month horizin?

I could explain it but this podcast will do a better job than I do.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/16/podcasts/the-daily/coronavirus-recession.html

• Like (+1) 1