•  
Advertise here

Gemballa Avalanche 4x4

Barry

OMG, my favourite ride for the desert was from the Qatar Champion Saeed Al Hijri. He used to drive a Porshe 911 Turbo Cabriolet with Rothman stickers back in the 80s. This looks like a version of that on steroids. I have truly fallen in love, as long as it can carry all the stuff in the back of my Pathy.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Rahimdad said:

OMG, my favourite ride for the desert was from the Qatar Champion Saeed Al Hijri. He used to drive a Porshe 911 Turbo Cabriolet with Rothman stickers back in the 80s. This looks like a version of that on steroids. I have truly fallen in love, as long as it can carry all the stuff in the back of my Pathy.

Oh yes the Rothman 911... Childhood memories !!!

• Like (+1) 3

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

2 hours ago, Wrangeld said:

My childhood memories are just of the Rothmans 🤓

Hiding in the trees smoking, hoping your grandmother doesn’t see you or you will get beat with a stick. It was even worse when she caught you and sent you out to choose the stick yourself. Good times 😂

@Rahimdad I saw the Rothmans 911 in Stuttgart a few years ago. I have photos of it somewhere. Will try to look for them over the weekend. 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Oh I thought it was the Chevy Avalanche. 

Meh bored of all Porsche products

23 hours ago, Rahimdad said:

Well then you should have been my friend earlier as I had possession of the actual Paris to Dakar winning Rothmans Porsche 953 for a few days and that too in the desert

• Like (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1

@desertdude it was not meant for me. Met Mohammed Bin Sulayem around 3 years back while @Gaurav bhai was with me. I was drooling trying to follow him and get a word in with him, but at one point it seemed he was ignoring em and I got really disheartened. But @Gaurav bhai insisted I stay back and wait for him to get a little free, rightfully so he did turn around and said his Salam to me, I was over the moon. @Gaurav bhai even took a photo of him and me together which he later gifted me. Speaking to Mohd Bin Suleyem I told him I remembered the days when his toughest competition was with Saeed Al Hijro from Qatar with his Rothman's Porshe 911, and he lent over and whispered in my ears that he still has his Toyota Celica in his garage from those days.

An unforgettable moment with my best friend ever @Gaurav bhai, that is what life is all about, moments we make into memories in the company of great friends.

• Like (+1) 5