•  
Advertise here

McLaren pull out of Australian GP due to corona virus

Barry

McLaren have pulled out of the Australian Grand Prix due to a team member contracting corona virus. 

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/148633/mclaren-pulls-out-of-australia-after-covid19-diagnosis

This Whatsapp forward I received this morning pretty much sums up how I feel about the whole situation,

2001- Anthrax is going to kill us 

2002- West Nile Virus is going to kill us 

2003- SARS is going to kill us 

2005- Bird Flu is going to kill us

2006- Ecoli is going to kill us 

2008- Financial Collapse is going to kill us 

2009- Swine Flu is going to kill us

2012- The Mayan calendar predicts the world ending

2013- North Korea is going to cause WW III 

2014- Ebola Virus is going to kill us 

2015- ISIS is going to kill us 

2016- Zika Virus is going to kill us 

2018- Nipah Virus going to kill us.

2020- Corona Virus is going to kill us 

The truth is FEAR is killing you....
Turn off the TV, stop believing in social media, pray, laugh, enjoy , trust God... and
*wash your hands again !*

Edited by Barry
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

I second your sentiments. Don't need to die several deaths before you are put in your final resting place.

Just be cautious and follow good hygiene and strong faith in God Almighty.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

I was challenged today that I was tempting fate not hiding myself away in a cupboard until this whole thing is over .. and I am with Rahimdad here (not for the first time!)

Fear is a paralysing emotion that is a waste because as he rightly says, you can only do it once. That's not to say do stupid things - but the fact is that this is still a virus that it most dangerous if you are over 70 and have a pre-existing problem. Notwithstanding my recent birthday, I am not yet there. 

Wash your hands a lot, with hot water and soap. Try to keep give a little more personal space to people than maybe you used to. 

The world in lockdown is a great political tool to arrest any dissent and complaints - when was the last time you heard about the protests in Hong Kong? 

There are people dying out there. I do not want to diminsh that for one moment, but there are also people out there dying from road accidents and malaria in higher numbers. 

International travel appears to be at a standstill. Let's not end up only going to and from work.   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3

According to WhatsApp university UNICEF, WHO, HEALTH Ministry graphics says COVID can't stand temperature above 27 degrees.

If it's really true, then we all are really very fortunate to be in a hot country and summers almost approaching that everyday by noon we are touching 30+

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

36 minutes ago, Wrangeld said:

I was challenged today that I was tempting fate not hiding myself away in a cupboard until this whole thing is over .. and I am with Rahimdad here (not for the first time!)

Fear is a paralysing emotion that is a waste because as he rightly says, you can only do it once. That's not to say do stupid things - but the fact is that this is still a virus that it most dangerous if you are over 70 and have a pre-existing problem. Notwithstanding my recent birthday, I am not yet there. 

Wash your hands a lot, with hot water and soap. Try to keep give a little more personal space to people than maybe you used to. 

The world in lockdown is a great political tool to arrest any dissent and complaints - when was the last time you heard about the protests in Hong Kong? 

There are people dying out there. I do not want to diminsh that for one moment, but there are also people out there dying from road accidents and malaria in higher numbers. 

International travel appears to be at a standstill. Let's not end up only going to and from work.   

I have always kept my political opinions off Carnity, mostly out of respect and acceptance of and for other members who may be from a different culture than me, and partly because this is UAE and I don’t want to go to jail, but you have hit the nail on the head with one of your points. It’s all about distraction from everything else that is going on. Control through fear. The same things happens year after year and the sheep fall for it year after year. It’s even worse now as more people are online more of the time, swallowing and spreading whatever they read on Facebook without even looking for or checking sources. 

I am flying on Sunday. Am I worried? No. But wifey is starting to get panicky and telling me I need to wear a mask. Modern planes all have HEPA filtration systems. The only way you’re going to get sick is if you sit beside someone who is already sick and they cough or sneeze on you. I seem to get the flu every year and realistically, corona virus is just like the flu with a slightly higher mortality rate, the only difference is they haven’t got a vaccine for it yet. I’m reasonably young, I’m reasonably healthy, I’ll be fine. If I get sick I’ll get over it. 

There is so much misinformation and BS being spread around at the minute. I heard the best one yet yesterday. Bill Gates started corona virus. Complete with Facebook posts to back up his conspiracy. I was pretty busy at work but I took an hour out of my day to search for information with links and sources to send to him so I could convince him. Bill Gates is an amazing philanthropist, screwing the world over with a virus just isn’t something he would do. If I changed that one guys mind, at least I feel like I did something good. 

• Like (+1) 2

This goes for everything now in this world of unlimited digital power.

WhatsApp, Facebook, YouTube universities convince, brainwash and hypnotize people views more than any advertising now.

People believe their WhatsApp groups fwd so religiously that they keep on helping spread the rumour over million people in a day.

If this all was not enough then FB came with recommendations:

- which tires is good?

- whole world come fwd to help this guy with best brand tires, sizes, prices and eventually forget to ask if he needs a truck, car, bike, bicycle or a tractor tire.

People are busy on one side that they have no time for anything left now, then they are so free that they have all the time to scroll through mindless feeds x 50 times a day.

• Totally Agree (+2) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

On 3/12/2020 at 6:11 PM, Gaurav said:

According to WhatsApp university UNICEF, WHO, HEALTH Ministry graphics says COVID can't stand temperature above 27 degrees.

If it's really true, then we all are really very fortunate to be in a hot country and summers almost approaching that everyday by noon we are touching 30+

Covid cant withstand more than 27 degrees provided the droplets fall on ground.

If the droplets find another host(person) before that then he is bound to be infected :-(. That's the reason to avoid mass gatherings ,crowded places and maintaining 6 feet distance from anyone coughing 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Chaitanya D said:

Covid cant withstand more than 27 degrees provided the droplets fall on ground.

If the droplets find another host(person) before that then he is bound to be infected :-(. That's the reason to avoid mass gatherings ,crowded places and maintaining 6 feet distance from anyone coughing 

The logic behind this one is flawed. 27 degrees supposedly kills the virus, but the temperature of the human body is 37. By this theory, the virus can’t survive in the human body. The virus will eventually die outside the body because it needs a host, not because of the temperature. I’m not an expert on it, just applying year 12 biology and common sense. 

According to this, you need a temperature of 60 degrees to kill the virus,

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-51735367

• Like (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

16 minutes ago, Barry said:

The logic behind this one is flawed. 27 degrees supposedly kills the virus, but the temperature of the human body is 37. By this theory, the virus can’t survive in the human body. The virus will eventually die outside the body because it needs a host, not because of the temperature. I’m not an expert on it, just applying year 12 biology and common sense. 

According to this, you need a temperature of 60 degrees to kill the virus,

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-51735367

Covid 19 has been around since dec 2019 . Unfortunately there has not been enough evidence or research just because of the lack of time ...and in this short time its infectivity has been enormous.  All efforts now are towards containment and getting to know some cure/vaccine.

Even I am a surgeon and my knowledge about these medical issues is quite less but I am getting all these feedbacks from my physician friends in UAE and overseas including US.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1