•  
Advertise here

Rear Bumper fix for Mitsubishi Pajero

8 hours ago, Mels Wolf said:

Looks good let’s see how it holds the next couple of drives... but on the “cost nothing” part, you always have metal plates lying around at home?

I work in a factory, so we always have leftover pieces of scrap lying around. 

• Like (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

1 hour ago, asifk said:

Any idea if this type of fix would impact the warranty from al habtoor ? My Paj still has some sort of warranty cover. 
thanks ! 

In my case I wouldn’t think so but if you want to be sure you can easily unbolt the rear part with the 4 bolts you can see on the picture before you go into the dealership!

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/15/2020 at 12:56 PM, Srikumar said:

If you have a tow bar that provides the support to the aluminum bumper. In such a case this fix is not needed.

On 3/22/2020 at 12:07 PM, Srikumar said:

yes, the tow bar ensured that the entire aluminium lip doesnt come off, but still it got bent. It would be good to get a permanent fix for it.

@Srikumar Please see the images below of tow bar I have it for my Pajero. Do you still stink I should have plates?

2[1].jpg

3[1].jpg

• Like (+1) 2

@RohanH

It’s a risk... I know that @Frederic also even though having a tow hook added something here as the bumper on steep descending still scoops and can break...

Is breaking the bumper risk worth the 450 aed... in my case it was....

• Like (+1) 2

50 minutes ago, Mels Wolf said:

@RohanH

It’s a risk... I know that @Frederic also even though having a tow hook added something here as the bumper on steep descending still scoops and can break...

Is breaking the bumper risk worth the 450 aed... in my case it was....

Correct. I also assumed that due to the tow bar the risk for damaging the rear bumper was low, but at some point it still popped out. I have put a stainless steel plate on both sides that’s bolted onto the tow bar and the bumper. It basically avoid the sand from entering so the « scooping » cannot occur. 

D741AEFA-B9BD-41A6-924D-4326FA675D5A.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

@RohanH that tow bar would help a bit, but it doesn't eliminate the entire problem as there is a gap where the sand can enter the aluminium lip and the aluminum part is still held only with 4 screws.

I would recommend a proper plate that covers and supports the aluminum lip

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

The front bumper guard is more to protect the front side of your bumper, while bash plates are made to protect the bottom underneath.

In the desert I don’t see the value of having a front bumper guard. Bash plates will definitely help to protect you.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Confused (0) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys, Today i have fix the rear bumper issue of my Pajero with an aluminium sheet neatly bended and fix along with the rear bumper. The work i did in Ajman ( Al Reem Garage) and they charged me only 100 Dhs and it was nearly one hour job. They have done the work very neatly. If any one wants to do the same, i have attached the garage business card. Contact person Mr. Raju. 

IMG_5960.jpg

IMG_5963.JPG

IMG_5964.JPG

IMG_5965.jpg

IMG_5966.jpg

• Like (+1) 6