•  
Advertise here

Rear Bumper fix for Mitsubishi Pajero

How does this look on the inside? If all you've done is put a metal skin on your bumper unfortunately that won't make much of a difference.

It the big scoop formed on the rear side of the jero bumper that digs in and rips it off. 

• Like (+1) 1

How does this look on the inside? If all you've done is put a metal skin on your bumper unfortunately that won't make much of a difference.

It the big scoop formed on the rear side of the jero bumper that digs in and rips it off. 

The rear side also bended inside and which is exactly parallel and same level of  the metal box like thing ( i don't know what's that) so may be the sand will not scoop inside. Any how let me see how its work in my next drive. 

• Like (+1) 1

I fixed the bumber plate yesterday. Thank you for your advices. 

Meanwhile, i talked to my friend. He uses pajero in Turkey for rocky off-roads & river crosses at high mountains. He adviced me that it is ok to fix that plate on desert since the sand is soft. However he says, it is better to remove it on hard ground routes and use original bumper. The original soft bumper is designed to protect car from serious crashes since it is elastic. In case of hitting on rock, the steel plate would transfer the power directly to the chasis and it may damage the car seriously. Original bumber absorbes the hit by bending and it is better than broken body. 

Do not know the fixing points but just to keep in mind where necessary...

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

On 5/31/2020 at 8:29 PM, Shiju Manuel said:

The rear side also bended inside and which is exactly parallel and same level of  the metal box like thing ( i don't know what's that) so may be the sand will not scoop inside. Any how let me see how its work in my next drive. 

Hi Shiju, How did it go. Please update on your experience

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, RohanH said:

Hi Shiju, How did it go. Please update on your experience

Hi @RohanH its perfectly okay, there was few scratches on the aluminium sheet other than that its steady and no scooping of sand. For 100 Dhs what more i can expect, and more over i like the way the workshop fixed it to unnoticeable. 👍

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

On 3/22/2020 at 12:08 PM, Mels Wolf said:

UPDATE: added detailed picture of how the plate is attached to the chassis

Hi Frederic, As you can see the metal is completely curved to fit directly onto the chassis and will provide the bumper a sliding ability once the car going down a steep hill comes to the bottom

Bumper_rear.png

E70F0D59-6C0D-49E1-A24F-016382577D2C.jpg

IMG_2868.jpg

Hi @Mels Wolf great photos, can you share some information about this. Where this can be done, a contact details etc... since I need to do exactly this ASAP! 

Thank you in advance 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Nikola Bozovic said:

Hi @Mels Wolf great photos, can you share some information about this. Where this can be done, a contact details etc... since I need to do exactly this ASAP! 

Thank you in advance 

You can show these pictures to any garage near you and they will be happy to replicate the same idea for 100-200 dhs.

Btw above pic is a bit revealing pictures, as few other Pajero owners did it very nicely hidden.

This plate is not a bash or skid plate that you need thick thickness, any plate just to cover the scoop is fine.

@Shiju Manuel and @Anish S  share your ideas please.

• Like (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

5 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

You can show these pictures to any garage near you and they will be happy to replicate the same idea for 100-200 dhs.

Btw above pic is a bit revealing pictures, as few other Pajero owners did it very nicely hidden.

This plate is not a bash or skid plate that you need thick thickness, any plate just to cover the scoop is fine.

I have already posted the picture of what i have done on my rear bumper. Its 100 Dhs cost and so far its perfect. If anyone wants to do it there is contact details also given. Garage is in Ajman and its about an hour job if you call and inform them in advance so that they will prepare for ready to fix it. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

50 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

@Gaurav thanks a lot for the advise, I will wait to see those two ideas too and than finalize it 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gaurav said:

I am removing the bumper whenever going off-road, it is very simple...the car comes with the key no 10-12 which can be used...

However getting a plate installed is better and safer as a permanent fix...Any turning workshop can make this one...

• Like (+1) 1