•  
Advertise here

It's the end of the world as we know it ...

Wrangeld

I was supposed to do a visa run next week then the news dropped on Saturday that they’re not issuing new visas from the 17th so it was a big panic to get a last minute flight yesterday. Airport was crazy on the way out. Super busy and like something from a zombie apocalypse movie with half the people wearing masks and rubber gloves. Coming back into Dubai was a different story. It was like a ghost town. Hardly anyone there and only 2 immigration counters open. I’ve got an aunt stuck in Spain at the minute too. Missed her flight home and now can’t get through to the airline. 

I really hope they’re not going to start doing this with every seasonal virus every year or life could become unmanageable for a lot of people very quickly. 

Anyway, I’m ready for total lockdown. Plenty of beer and baked beans in the cupboard and Netflix subscription paid up to date. Bring it on. I could use a break from society. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

7 minutes ago, Barry said:

Anyway, I’m ready for total lockdown. Plenty of beer and baked beans in the cupboard and Netflix subscription paid up to date. Bring it on. I could use a break from society. 

Beer and Netflix is a good combination for Rick and Morty, going to start from the first season for the 3rd time.

”lets get Swifty”

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Xaf said:

Beer and Netflix is a good combination for Rick and Morty, going to start from the first season for the 3rd time.

”lets get Swifty”

I’m on an anime adventure at the minute. They released all the studio ghibli movies a couple of weeks ago so that’s been keeping me occupied. I really wish they would put bobs burgers on. Been getting really into it but it’s a pain in the ass trying to watch streams when the network throttles the connection half way through. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Barry said:

I’m on an anime adventure at the minute. They released all the studio ghibli movies a couple of weeks ago so that’s been keeping me occupied. I really wish they would put bobs burgers on. Been getting really into it but it’s a pain in the ass trying to watch streams when the network throttles the connection half way through. 

Princess Mononoke and Porko Rosso as well??? 

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Xaf said:

MMI or BARACUDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA are still open!!!!!

If MMI and Baracudda close, you can become our official supplier from duty free for as long as they are open. 😅

• Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Brette said:

If MMI and Baracudda close, you can become our official supplier from duty free for as long as they are open. 😅

That party is already long time over unfortunately, not allowed to bring anything in anymore for operating crew.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad (0) 1

23 hours ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

There may be hope for your daughter. Check the paragraph below taken from DXB Airport's site:

Issuance of Visas

Effective March 17, UAE authorities have temporarily suspended the issuance of all
entry visas. This does not apply to those passengers holding diplomatic passports or
those who have had visas issued prior to March 17.
It also does not apply to passengers who hold passports from the following countries.
These passengers can continue to travel to and from the UAE although may be subject
to additional screening.
Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brunei, Bulgaria, Canada, China, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy (from Rome only), Japan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland,
The Vatican, United Kingdom and The United States of America.

Wait, what? Not from South Africa? We only have 62 cases as of tonight, so why are they letting in people from Spain or other places that have more cases than us? NOT fair...

16 hours ago, Barry said:

I was supposed to do a visa run next week then the news dropped on Saturday that they’re not issuing new visas from the 17th so it was a big panic to get a last minute flight yesterday. Airport was crazy on the way out. Super busy and like something from a zombie apocalypse movie with half the people wearing masks and rubber gloves. Coming back into Dubai was a different story. It was like a ghost town. Hardly anyone there and only 2 immigration counters open. I’ve got an aunt stuck in Spain at the minute too. Missed her flight home and now can’t get through to the airline. 

I really hope they’re not going to start doing this with every seasonal virus every year or life could become unmanageable for a lot of people very quickly. 

That's the spirit!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

On 3/16/2020 at 8:09 AM, Barry said:

Me and My Eldest Son Watching The Anime too. Younger ones Getting on Our Nerves

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1