•  
Advertise here

It's the end of the world as we know it ...

Wrangeld

So today, I have learned that:

• My daughter cannot travel here to visit me at the end of the month ...no new visas after 17th March
  • My gym is closed indefinitely as of ... well basically when I left it at 7am this morning
  • All the pubs and night clubs have been closed down
  • and ... the swimming pool at home has now been put into quaranteen until it is cleaned

I am just waiting for the final announcement from my work (which, by the way, is still open, but we have told all outside visitors they are not currently welcome) that they decided that to save us from the chance of infection from any outside influences, they have decided to move to a 7 day week!

With the flight bans coming into force for just about everywhere, I have visions of either ending up MadMax like driving through the desert looking for fresh supplies of fuel or like Will Smith in I am Legend, hunting infected zombies during the day to carry out research on how to cure the virus that wiped us all out.

Carnity and 4x4 remains a constant, as to date, the desert has not been closed [crossing my fingers I did not speak too soon]. 

What's gonna cheer me up, I thought? here's an idea: Which film character are you going to become as everyone in the world becomes increasingly isolated because of Covid 19?  

Will Smith.jpg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 8

8 minutes ago, Wrangeld said:

• My daughter cannot travel here to visit me at the end of the month ...no new visas after 17th March
  • My gym is closed indefinitely as of ... well basically when I left it at 7am this morning
  • and ... the swimming pool at home has now been put into quaranteen until it is cleaned

I am just waiting for the final announcement from my work (which, by the way, is still open, but we have told all outside visitors they are not currently welcome) that they decided that to save us from the chance of infection from any outside influences, they have decided to move to a 7 day week!

With the flight bans coming into force for just about everywhere, I have visions of either ending up MadMax like driving through the desert looking for fresh supplies of fuel or like Will Smith in I am Legend, hunting infected zombies during the day to carry out research on how to cure the virus that wiped us all out.

Carnity and 4x4 remains a constant, as to date, the desert has not been closed [crossing my fingers I did not speak too soon]. 

What's gonna cheer me up, I thought? here's an idea: Which film character are you going to become as everyone in the world becomes increasingly isolated because of Covid 19?  

Will Smith.jpg

MMI or BARACUDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA are still open!!!!!

• Haha (+1) 6

6 minutes ago, Xaf said:

MMI or BARACUDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA are still open!!!!!

My wife found a website while searching some information about Corona virus and how it was in Dubai at that time. To do that she typed "Corona" and "Dubai" to Google. Eureka!

It was in the early days of Corona. Now you need to add one more filter word -beer- to Google as virus Corona gets more click than this website... No need to go MMI or Eurostar Cellar 😀  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

I am just going to be me, and try to better myself. time to reflect and time to spend with my family and close friends. We at Carnity are very stubborn bunch of off-roaders always looking for a way through the fence.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 2

34 minutes ago, Rahimdad said:

I am just going to be me, and try to better myself. time to reflect and time to spend with my family and close friends. We at Carnity are very stubborn bunch of off-roaders always looking for a way through the fence.

You should have been a politician or at the very least a diplomat. With all your sweet idealistic talk I'm sure you would have brokered a few peace treaties among warring nations by now.

• Haha (+1) 5
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

I ll relate myself to Sam in the death stranding game where his  task, is to not just bring crucial supplies, experimental materials, and creature comforts to the various cities and settlements, but to use a set of what can only be described as USB drives to bring the network online at each location, helping to make the whole world connected and whole again.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

6 hours ago, Wrangeld said:

Will Smith.jpg

There may be hope for your daughter. Check the paragraph below taken from DXB Airport's site:

Issuance of Visas

Effective March 17, UAE authorities have temporarily suspended the issuance of all
entry visas. This does not apply to those passengers holding diplomatic passports or
those who have had visas issued prior to March 17.
It also does not apply to passengers who hold passports from the following countries.
These passengers can continue to travel to and from the UAE although may be subject
to additional screening.
Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brunei, Bulgaria, Canada, China, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy (from Rome only), Japan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland,
The Vatican, United Kingdom and The United States of America.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1