•  

Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Pink Rock (Sharjah) - 20 Mar 2020

Rahimdad

Dear @Rahimdad and @Wrangeld

It was a wonderful first ride with Carnity, a bit surreal because of the social distancing, but I loved every minute of the company and the lanscape. And the driving, above all! 

Have a look at my video from yesterday here (next time I'll make sure my windscreen is clean...) and don't miss the drone shot at 1'50"!!

Thank you all, and see you at the next ride. 

Lorenzo 

Edited by Lorenzo Candelpergher
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Well Done (+2) 3

20 minutes ago, Lorenzo Candelpergher said:

Dear @Rahimdad and @Wrangeld

It was a wonderful first ride with Carnity, a bit surreal because of the social distancing, but I loved every minute of the company and the lanscape.

Have look at my video from yesterday here (next time I'll make sure my windscreen is clean...) and don't miss the drone shot at 1'50"!!

Thank you all, and see you at the next ride. 

Lorenzo 

Nice video !!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Great second drive for us! Despite the COVID distance policy (which I would define in half a car lenght :-) ) the welcoming and helpful attitude of all was great. We started with some hard sand driving (hard due to the evening rain in the area?) to go for some more challenging passages. Hits of the day were a couple of refusals I was very happy to get out from almost by myself and the main lesson learned in the steep climb to pink rock. I started with not enough throttle and moreover in fully automatic gears... midway through the slope the car decided revs were to high compared to what it is used to when we go to buy grocery and shifted to second gear, leaving me with not enough torque to get to the top of the slope. Back to the bottom of the slope, I engaged D1 following @Wrangeld suggestion and started with a bit more confidence, getting to the top of rock with no issues. Thank you @Rahimdad and all of you for the time spent together yesterday, see you next time! 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Well Done (+2) 2

It was a very peaceful adventure ride we had on pink rock this time and reach in record time as per @Rahimdad. Everyone kept  social distance to safe guard COVID-19. Even though we finished the drive bit early but it was a nice trip. See you all soon in the next drive. 

@Lorenzo Candelpergher your video is amazing with complete drive, especially i like the full birds eye view of Pink rock from top. Well done. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Dear @Rahimdad , @Wrangeld

once again thank you for giving such great experience to explore pink rocks with you. Without a group like this I can’t imagine this trip. Week after week I am getting more confident and want to travel long more with Carnity. 
waiting for next trip. 
Mathu

• Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

@Wrangeld thanks for your great trip report with awesome detailing that made me feel as if I was truly there. 

@Lorenzo Candelpergher you are among very few who actually know how to use drone and then share it's beautiful aerial shot with everyone here. Love your drive video, drone shot, kiddo's excitement and personal introduction. At least in COVID times we can digitally meet new faces this way.

@Jeepie @paolo dassi @MUHAMMAD Kashif RAZZAQ @Anvar Sadath Bekal @J J @Nayan Shenai thanks for sharing wonderful pictures in the gallery.

Looks like our resident Superman - @Rahimdad is treating you all newbies with extreme hill climbs very well.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Important Information

Terms of use