•  

Morning Desert Drive - Sweihan (Abu-Dhabi) 3 April 2020

Frederic

Join Carnity Offroad Club for an adventurous morning drive in the magnificent Sweihan Dunes in Abu Dhabi.

Sweihan offers amazing broad and tall dunes in Abu Dhabi offering perfect learning opportunity for absolute newbies for their first time desert driving thrilling experience.

Frederic.jpg

If you have already driven in sand before then you can learn more from experts having decades of offroading experience in the UAE. This area offers a good mix of playable long set of dunes and broad ridge to test your off-road control.

Drive is open for all 4x4/4WD/SUV/AWD vehicle having 8-10 inches of ground clearance and front and rear tow hooks.

You can bring your family, friends and kids, but if you are absolute new to sand offroading it is better to drive alone first to learn offroading without any distractions.

Drive will start with detail briefing, followed by 3 hours of driving in sand dunes and then followed by a break for feedback and assessment session for each offroader.

WHAT YOU'LL LEARN?

We will teach you how to drive your vehicle offroad safely and learn the best offroad driving and recovery techniques. Even if you have never driven in sand before, you can still join and learn the art of off-roading with complete confidence and peace of mind.

If you have already driven in sand before then you can learn more from experts having decades of offroading experience in the UAE. This area offers a good mix of playable long set of dunes and broad ridge to test your off-road control.

CAN MY VEHICLE DO IT?

This drive is open for all 4x4/4WD/SUV/AWD vehicle having 8-10 inches of ground clearance along with front and rear tow hooks. Please check these two mandatory and VERY STRICT requirement before signing up.

CAN I BRING PASSENGERS?

Yes of course, but if you are an absolute new to offroading it is better to drive alone first to avoid any distractions.

WHAT CAN I EXPECT?

The drive will start with a detailed briefing, followed by 2-3 hours of driving in sand dunes and then followed by a break for refreshments over a feedback and assessment session for each offroader. You will learn about the following subjects:

• Introduction to off-roading
  • Desert driving basics and etiquette
  • Desert driving tips, techniques, myth and best practices
  • Off-road and safety gear familiarization and recovery procedures
  • Vehicle orientation, risk analysis, deflation and outdoor safety advice

WHAT ITEMS SHOULD I BRING?

On your very first drive with us we only ask you to bring your enthusiasm and willingness to learn. From a second drive onwards we ask you to start collecting the Essential Tools as per below attachment. More information on these items can be found in the advices section and in offroad club.

If you already have the off-roading gears, then it's better to carry them along to help you learn off-roading at a faster pace.

ARE YOU JOINING US FOR THE FIRST TIME?

• Introduce yourself on this drive thread.
  • Share with us your vehicle details.
  • Prior off-road experience (Yes/No)
  • Confirm 8-10 inches of ground clearance along with front and rear tow hooks in good usable condition.
  • RSVP the drive calendar

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• Limited to 15 members only. RSVP will close on Thursday.
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

Level: Absolute Newbie, Newbies and above (All level)

When: 3 April  2020

Meeting time: 6:45 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: Al Rashedi Restaurant https://maps.app.goo.gl/yhhVzrCRhXv1mJNRA

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks, smiles, stories, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time:  12:00 PM - (much before Friday prayer)

Friday Prayer Mosque: Muammar Mosque https://goo.gl/maps/tRVc4DYzSuCcW6WU7

MUST READ: 

Please RSVP on the below calendar:

• Like (+1) 4

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

@Frederic finally im bringing the RAM, after last weeks performance in Al Qudra i am Super excited about my truck its a dream to drive. 

@Cara Jordan will be joining with the her Wrangler as well. we cant wait. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

56 minutes ago, Colin Jordan said:

@Frederic finally im bringing the RAM, after last weeks performance in Al Qudra i am Super excited about my truck its a dream to drive. 

@Cara Jordan will be joining with the her Wrangler as well. we cant wait. 

Great to hear that !  See you on Friday !

• Like (+1) 1

• Gaurav locked this topic

@Melenany @Kalahari @Remco Snoek  @Pancho @Chaitanya D @Colin Jordan @Cara Jordan @paolo dassi @Hariharan @Shiju Manuel @Jamy B. @Anvar Sadath Bekal @Lorenzo Candelpergher @Shamil @Brette

Due to the current COVID-19 ongoing precautionary advises, we are postponing this drive until next Friday, 3 April 2020.

Please leave the event if you are unable to join, so that others can join the drive.

Keep safe and see you soon back in the sands !

• Like (+1) 3
  • Sad (0) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 2

@Melenany @Kalahari @Remco Snoek  @Pancho @Chaitanya D @Colin Jordan @Cara Jordan @paolo dassi @Hariharan @Shiju Manuel @Jamy B. @Anvar Sadath Bekal @Lorenzo Candelpergher @Shamil @Javier M @Mohammed Osama 

Due to the current ongoing COVID-19 situation, with clear advice from the UAE government to stay at home at all times, we are canceling this off-road drive.

I hope this gives time to the desert to heal itself, so we can appreciate the nature and virgin dunes after this COVID-19 situation normalizes. Looking forward to seeing you all soon.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad (0) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3

Important Information

Terms of use