•  
Advertise here

What's up?

I thought with everything virtually closed and a lot of people working from the forum would be buzzing with activity as people find ways to kill time at home but it's even more deserted than usual? ( Other than the long list of promotion threads )

Whats up with that?

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, desertdude said:

I thought with everything virtually closed and a lot of people working from the forum would be buzzing with activity as people find ways to kill time at home but it's even more deserted than usual? ( Other than the long list of promotion threads )

Whats up with that?

It is work as usual for me taking all the best precautions .  Praying everyone follows the advise and precautions.  Keep yourself and your loved ones safe 

• Like (+1) 1

Work as usual - in fact more pressure than usual. Office has a lot less people here than usual as some are working from home. I am spending most of my day looking through the windows at the traffic on the highways [I see the A44 and A66 from the window] and thinking "there's one hell of a lot of people in this city working in essential jobs". 

Edited by Wrangeld
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Refreshing every local and international news site in a hope, that someone somewhere finds the cure.

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Will the drives still be on considering lot of govt precautionary measures . It seems there are cops patrolling in the sharjah and Dubai deserts ..

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, J J said:

Will the drives still be on considering lot of govt precautionary measures . It seems there are cops patrolling in the sharjah and Dubai deserts ..

Let's wait till Thursday, to decide.

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Getting excited on the next drive but a bit anxious upon the news that authorities are urging citizens to stay home. So i had doubt that our schedule might be postponed.

In my desperate need of confirmation, i called a couple of desert safari tour agencies, they answered that desert safari tours are closed until March 31.  

Maybe you guys have more reliable info on this.

Yes Gaurav we'll wait for your confirmation .

• Like (+1) 1

No danger of me getting any time off. As long as there are vehicles on the road I will have to work. Wife is currently working from home and I’m out working every day so it kind of makes her working at home pointless. I get the feeling there is no planning or method to any of this, it’s just futile gestures to appease the panicked masses. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Barry said:

No danger of me getting any time off. As long as there are vehicles on the road I will have to work. Wife is currently working from home and I’m out working every day so it kind of makes her working at home pointless. I get the feeling there is no planning or method to any of this, it’s just futile gestures to appease the panicked masses. 

It does make sense. 

If she catches it from somebody at work, she can give it to you and you can spread it at your work.

Don’t stay home for yourself, but for the other people and specially for the first line workers like doctors!!!!!

Guys in another group went to the desert, were sent away by the police.

Show the correct attitude, example to others. The UAE is a small community, specially the off-roaders. If you go with a group, your name will be quickly spread amongst each other.

• Like (+1) 1