•  
Advertise here

After the last 2 drives my bumpers and body kit were fully gone. I found a garage in Ras Alkhor and decided to go with them to remove my body kits and install skid plates. 6MM thick aluminum front skid plates up until the gear box along with 6MM aluminum plates for back costed me 1,550.. this is after major negotiations. They are a bit slow with their work i have spent 2 full days with them in garage trying to figure whats what in the car!!!! 

I also have issues with wheel alignment after the last drive so i must do the wheel alignment after here now!

IMG_20200324_124545.jpg

IMG_20200324_124616.jpg

IMG_20200324_124549.jpg

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 3

13 minutes ago, Nizam Deen said:

After the last 2 drives my bumpers and body kit were fully gone.

Hope you remember my very first advise on your first off-road drive, that this newly designed bumper skirt by Toyota or Al Futtaim will be the first gift to desert god. Previous LC100 used to come with similar skirt, that if you dont remove before off-roading then it will pull and rip the whole bumper apart.

Anyways, these bash plates looks nice and hope it last for a long time. 

• Like (+1) 4

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

6 hours ago, Nizam Deen said:

After the last 2 drives my bumpers and body kit were fully gone. I found a garage in Ras Alkhor and decided to go with them to remove my body kits and install skid plates. 6MM thick aluminum front skid plates up until the gear box along with 6MM aluminum plates for back costed me 1,550.. this is after major negotiations. They are a bit slow with their work i have spent 2 full days with them in garage trying to figure whats what in the car!!!! 

I also have issues with wheel alignment after the last drive so i must do the wheel alignment after here now!

IMG_20200324_124545.jpg

IMG_20200324_124616.jpg

IMG_20200324_124549.jpg

which year model is this?

• Like (+1) 2

20 hours ago, Nizam Deen said:

This is 2020 model.

Thanks. 

On 3/24/2020 at 4:07 PM, Gaurav said:

Hope you remember my very first advise on your first off-road drive, that this newly designed bumper skirt by Toyota or Al Futtaim will be the first gift to desert god. Previous LC100 used to come with similar skirt, that if you dont remove before off-roading then it will pull and rip the whole bumper apart.

Anyways, these bash plates looks nice and hope it last for a long time. 

@Gaurav regarding your comment " newly designed bumper skirt", is the same case applicable to Prado VXR V6 2018 too or Prado model onward 2020!!?

Thanks for your feedback in advance!!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chirag S. said:

Thanks. 

@Gaurav regarding your comment " newly designed bumper skirt", is the same case applicable to Prado VXR V6 2018 too or Prado model onward 2020!!?

Thanks for your feedback in advance!!

I don't think so, as I have never seen such low hanging bumpers on Prado before.

Maybe @Nizam Deen can share his before and after pictures.

• Like (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi @jose Shanu I dont think it is "needed" for newbie drives, but I got one fitted after my 3rd or 4th drive as at the same time, I wanted to get the skirt / body kit bits removed from the front bumper. I will try and attached some photos shortly of before and after the skirt removal. I would definitely recommend the bumper adjustment after your first couple of drives to avoid unplanned removal in the desert :) 

being specific on the bash plate, It definitely removed concern about causing any additional damage, and with that boosted my confidence to apply the gas pedal approaching crests and as a result I think my driving in the desert improved! 

(Edited: I have 2015 Prado)

Edited by Rob Soughton