•  
Advertise here

Nissan 2012 TIIDA hatch back

Hello All,

Need your expert advise.

I just sold my Honda CRV, as my family moved out. The car was great but was expensive to maintain.

I now need a small reliable car with cruise as I travel long distances.

I am going to see a Nissan TIIDA 2012 hatch back with about 120K kms on it.

This is a cheap car, costing me around 17k,

Would like to know if TIIDA is a reliable perfomer, or does it have major issues with engine/transmission/gear box

The other option i am looking for is a Yaris. I heard good reviews about it but it cost almost twice as much for a 2016 0r 17 model (the old ones dont have cruise in them).

Kindly advise i am really confused at this stage.

• Like (+1) 2

I would highly stay away from older Nissan of any age that has CVT gearing. They "fail" like a clock work precision and end up burning 5-10k hole in the pocket. If your selected model doesn't have CVT, then you are lucky.

Google "nissan tiida cvt transmission problems"

You are better off finding cheaper Toyota, Honda and Mitsubishi for daily use + cruise control model.

You can also consider cheaper entry level Ford, Chevrolet, Hyundai and Kia's.

• Like (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

If you can't find a Yaris with Cruise control go for a Corolla or Camry for that price. As @Gaurav bhai pointed out the Nissan CVT gearbox is bound to fail and is expensive to fix.

• Like (+1) 1

I had a 2018 Yaris as a rental for 4-5 months great car compared to the current rental I have, a 2019 Nissan Sunny which is an absolute POS in every way possible. 

Fuel consumption, comfort level, smoothness, looks inside and out, features. Miles ahead.

I think the Yaris is a though act to follow in the mini Jap ecobox segment

Edited by desertdude
  • Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, desertdude said:

I had a 2018 Yaris as a rental for 4-5 months great car compared to the current rental I have, a 2019 Nissan Sunny which is an absolute POS in every way possible. 

Fuel consumption, comfort level, smoothness, looks inside and out, features. Miles ahead.

Thanks for your advise

30 minutes ago, desertdude said:

Thanks

4 hours ago, Rahimdad said:

If you can't find a Yaris with Cruise control go for a Corolla or Camry for that price. As @Gaurav bhai pointed out the Nissan CVT gearbox is bound to fail and is expensive to fix.

OK bro. Will search further

• Like (+1) 2

You can try Honda Civic (2007-2013) models with a low mileage and full service history. Many of them come with cruise control. The gearbox is not as reliable as a Toyota but if maintained properly should be a good buy.

Stay away from any car that has a CVT.

• Like (+1) 2

Nissan CVTs are a different breed. The oil cooling in them is inadequate and they usually start to give problems around 60k. Sure, there are people who have bigger mileages on them but as someone who works on cars, I wouldn’t touch one. Nissan seem to have no intention of rectifying the problems either. They have so much money invested into the R&D of their CVTs that they can’t back out now. 

• Like (+1) 2