•  
Advertise here

Pajero bash and skid plate needed or not?

Wish I'd seen this thread earlier - interesting views on the xterra. I looked at the Wrangler and for reasons of questionable reliability and not being as comfortable, I chose to  go for the pajero 3.8L, LWB. Its a great car, very comfortable and a good daily commuter car too. Drove it in the desert last weekend and it was great.

It was a beginner drive but the Paj handled everything quite easily I thought. I did find the power a bit on the lower side when going up steeper dunes, but I managed to get up to wherever our capable guide @Gaurav took us.

So I'm happy with the choice, but only now considering whether I should get a skid plate for the back at least and maybe front and back.

views welcome !  

• Like (+1) 2

Have a look here:

front bash plate is not really needed from the start, but the rear lip needs to be removed when you go off-road or apply the fix as in post below:

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Hi @asifk,

I have a LWB as well, for the first drives just the rear bumper fix as @Frederic mentioned in the above thread will do the trick. I've just done a lift, bumper trim & bashplate in the front (see pics) to give it a bit more approach & departure angle on the trickier rides.

Started out with the un-painted bashplate but in the end had that one painted black as well to make it look nicer!

Bashplate front.jpg

Front bumper trim.jpg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

On 3/29/2020 at 9:20 AM, Mels Wolf said:

Hi @asifk,

I have a LWB as well, for the first drives just the rear bumper fix as @Frederic mentioned in the above thread will do the trick. I've just done a lift, bumper trim & bashplate in the front (see pics) to give it a bit more approach & departure angle on the trickier rides.

Started out with the un-painted bashplate but in the end had that one painted black as well to make it look nicer!

Bashplate front.jpg

Front bumper trim.jpg

looks good @Mels Wolf  !!

• Like (+1) 1