•  

Share your story: How did you become an off-roader?

Gaurav

Sorry guys, I am not creative or talkative these days, due to the situation. Moved in 2017 to the UAE. First 2 years I had no car, rented a Yaris when needed and later I used Udrive or Ekar. Not being a daily driver due to work, don’t need to drive to work, they are picking me up and dropping off home for duty.

I like sportcars, thats my thing. When I rented a Mustang and they flashed me after 10 minutes, I was sure it will not be a sportcar in Dubai for me. Looking for a car that I could utilize as much as possible, so I ended up with a 4 x 4. A choice of practicality.

Friends took me out to the desert, I came home with a very big smile and big eyes like a kid. My fiancé that time asked me, wow what happened? You really look amazed/ happy!

That was the moment I start searching for a club, and here I am. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • WOW (+2) 1

6 minutes ago, Xaf said:

Sorry guys, I am not creative or talkative these days, due to the situation. 

I hear ya man. I know the airline industry is one of the hit hardest in this situation along with other tourist and travel related industries. All my Safari buds also have been sitting at home for almost a month now. Future is unpredictable and life as we know it is on hold.

But hang in there and keep your spirits up. 

Look at it as a time to stop from ones busy life and smell the flowers. Learn a new skill you've always wanted to but never had the time. Start or finish DIY projects. Fly a few virtual long hail flights :D

Me personally have gotten back to my music production after 2 years. Nothing kills time better than sitting in front of your computer and jammin' while making some tunes for hours!

Anyways as long as you have your health and family. It's not that bad. A lot of people right now are doing a lot worse and would kill to be in the position we are right now.

Cheers :D

• Totally Agree (+2) 2

20 minutes ago, desertdude said:

I hear ya man. I know the airline industry is one of the hit hardest in this situation along with other tourist and travel related industries. All my Safari buds also have been sitting at home for almost a month now. Future is unpredictable and life as we know it is on hold.

But hang in there and keep your spirits up. 

Look at it as a time to stop from ones busy life and smell the flowers. Learn a new skill you've always wanted to but never had the time. Start or finish DIY projects. Fly a few virtual long hail flights :D

Me personally have gotten back to my music production after 2 years. Nothing kills time better than sitting in front of your computer and jammin' while making some tunes for hours!

Anyways as long as you have your health and family. It's not that bad. A lot of people right now are doing a lot worse and would kill to be in the position we are right now.

Cheers :D

I bought myself a ps4, last console I had was a ps2.

Somebody else at home is now “accidentally” walking in front of the tv. 🧘🏻‍♂️😑

• Haha (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, Xaf said:

Flight simulator 😂😷😁

• Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Wrangeld said:

Flight simulator 😂😷😁

I'll probably fly a few flights myself on my PC ( you need one of those for a proper flight sim ) 

17 minutes ago, Xaf said:

Good stuff mate. Last console I had was also the PS2 but I only ever played GT or Tekken on it. Recently I discovered how to play PS2 games on my PC via a PS2 emulator so I'm good :D

• Like (+1) 3

Fond of long drives in home country and explore mother nature. In UAE, after joining Carnity, gives good platform to the person kind of me to explore mother nature, play with Sand, away from concrete jungle, team work, endless leaning opportunities.....all possible with with off-road drives!! This is unique happiness, you can't buy

• Like (+1) 3

• 3 weeks later...

After driving on Roads back in India since 1997 and here in Dubai since 2014 , changing about 7 cars in between the quest to drive more never dies. I like to drive more than using any other means whenever feasible.

Off roading was always something on my mind because so many friends of mine were always doing it regularly. Seeing those pictures I wondered there was so much out there to explore which is natural and depends on what limit you want to go. To me it felt like a recreational sport with so much to explore, very  and hence I went for it.But frankly for whatever few drives done, we ( myself, my son and friends) have thoroughly enjoyed it 🤩

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use