•  
Advertise here

Clarification on outdoor timing vs permit requirement

Gaurav

As we all know that from 8 PM - 6 AM we all need permit through the permission website to step out.

Simultaneously lot of confusion and rumors floating about 6 AM - 8 PM timing since last few days, that do you need a permission through a website or not.

I have stepped out today almost after 10 days and here are my understanding:

• You don't need any special permit or cop waiting out to check your EID in the morning or day time.
  • I went from Dubai - Sharjah at 12 PM today and 100 cars were ahead of me and few 100's behind me.
  • I did my small job in Sharjah and came back to Dubai, no one stopped or checked anything.
  • Didn't notice any camera flashing, cops car standing, cops stopping anyone. Its all rumor guys.
  • Then in afternoon went to Lulu in Warqa and Carrefour in Mirdiff city center, again no one stopping or checking anything.
  • I was very happy to see that in Lulu and Carrefour now they are checking your temperature manually before letting you in. Very smart and needed to filter symptomatic cases right at the entrance.
  • Also I was pretty impressed to see now general public acceptance of this fact and practicing social distancing by themselves. Being tolerant to others, being polite and not rushing and hitting into others.
  • Another thing that impressed me today, that no more stockpiling is going on and no one seem to fill trolley to the max. All shelves were well stocked and even my favorite salsa dip was back in stock.
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

The permit during daytime confusion is purely the fault of Gulf News who have been the main culprit for spreading false information. I’ve received several calls of colleagues who were afraid of leaving their houses to get to work. In these days where people are genuinely afraid of their jobs it’s a shame Gulf News can’t seem to get their stories straight or fact checked. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 5

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

8 pm to 6 am next day you need permit.

Not needed for some professionals 

Can be obtained from https://portal.moi.gov.ae/eservices/PolicingServices/Movement/IssuePermit.aspx?Culture=ar.

Sometimes this website is overloaded especially 6pm to 8 pm. Better to plan in advance and get your permit if moving at night ( 8pm to 6am) - ONLY IF NECESSARY!

We have to acknowledge and appreciate the tremendous steps taken by MOHAP, Government and everyone involved chipping in to fall in line. 

Edited by Chaitanya D
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

Just in, all permits cancelled as of today. Source once again the all so flaky gulfnews.

Anyways during the day permits were not needed. First day there was a bit of confusion but cleared up pretty soon.

But one still should avoid going out and only when need be. 

https://gulfnews.com/uae/covid-19-precaution-uae-ministry-suspends-all-night-permits-1.1585678417810?fbclid=IwAR1y5PycptA8Mfk0XsAqxE9XkZf08eS0Sj7oS2G-KZV7cUFLkQlnp6H3cCc

Edited by desertdude
  • Like (+1) 2