•  
Advertise here

Engine tuning

@andy_macdxb I don't have much experience with many off-road vehicles but I don't think it is anything to do with the engine tuning. With the modern machines the main thing to kill the fun are all the computers doing the thinking for us. In my briefing for the newbies I always say it is not only about the man learning the machine but also the machine learning what the man needs. With all the computers the vehicles are always learning the drive pastern of the individual and setting up the vehicle performance to help fuel economy. Only after a few attempts showing the car that you don't always need fuel economy but the power to climb through a soft patch it eventually learns and that is when the man and his machine are in true harmony. The Pajero is blessed with less computers and thus lesser time to teach it tricks. However the PCM for the Pajeros does have a shifting issue until 2013 year models so that posses some problems but all sorted out post 2014 models. It is a safety thing done by Mitsubishi so that you don't burn out your gearbox before time, but off-roading needs that at times. The air is one of the main reasons your engine continues to provide you with the power you need throughout all altitudes and the Pajero is blessed with the biggest air intake in the industry. All of this makes the Pajero a class leader in the sands, only a few adjustments needed to protect it from taking bodily harm.

• Like (+1) 2