•  
Advertise here

Nativa 2008 Rattling or grinding noise from engine

Lately I am hearing a rattling or grinding noise coming from the engine of my 2008 Mitsubishi Nativa. Initially the sound was very little and goes away after 5-10 minutes driving. But now the sound is bit louder and it don’t go away after engines warms up. when im driving for longer Its not constant sound, Sometimes it comes and go away randomly.

Below video clip was taken soon after the engine was started. You can hear the sound like grinding.

Any advice or recommendation for good experienced mechanic or garage in Sharjah for a decent price.

• WOW (+2) 1

Could be a plethora of things to a bearing on one of the ancillaries gone for a dump, fan hitting something, or something inside the block. A loose timing chain with broken guides sounds like that but the Mister Bushy has a belt. In all cases doesn't sound healthy and go get it looked at.

And before you ask, no I don't know where or who to take it to or how much its going to cost.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Rizwanm2 said:

Lately I am hearing a rattling or grinding noise coming from the engine of my 2008 Mitsubishi Nativa. Initially the sound was very little and goes away after 5-10 minutes driving. But now the sound is bit louder and it don’t go away after engines warms up. when im driving for longer Its not constant sound, Sometimes it comes and go away randomly.

Below video clip was taken soon after the engine was started. You can hear the sound like grinding.

Any advice or recommendation for good experienced mechanic or garage in Sharjah for a decent price.

Ouch that doesn’t sound very well. Have a look in the engine bay to see if  nothing connected to the drive belt is hanging loose or hitting the fan. I don’t think it’s the engine itself, sounds more like a fan bearing or the fan clutch. When the engine is off try once to rotate the fan to see if the same sound is coming.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

7 hours ago, Frederic said:

Ouch that doesn’t sound very well. Have a look in the engine bay to see if  nothing connected to the drive belt is hanging loose or hitting the fan. I don’t think it’s the engine itself, sounds more like a fan bearing or the fan clutch. When the engine is off try once to rotate the fan to see if the same sound is coming.

Hi @Frederic i checked drivebelt Everything looks fine and tight. Fan also moving freely. Don’t see any rubbing issue as well.

I think have to take it doctor soon.. hope nothing serious ☹️

• Like (+1) 2

Tried with AC on and off? Just to eliminate the AC compressor, pulley and belt. One less thing out of the equation.

Also change your radiator cap as its leaking and leaving the rust or coolant mark.

I hope you are not running on water, use Mitsubishi recommended coolant to inhibit rust on internal component.

image.png

• Like (+1) 4

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

13 hours ago, Gaurav said:

Tried with AC on and off? Just to eliminate the AC compressor, pulley and belt. One less thing out of the equation.

Also change your radiator cap as its leaking and leaving the rust or coolant mark.

I hope you are not running on water, use Mitsubishi recommended coolant to inhibit rust on internal component.

image.png

Hi @Gaurav I checked the ac as well. No difference. Buy the way I opened the radiator cap and spill some coolant.  Also radiator cap was changed recently due to leak. 

Can you recommend a garage to get it checked. 

• Like (+1) 1

Are you in Dubai or Sharjah? I know two places in Dubai - al quoz (tad expensive) and ras al khor.

• Like (+1) 2

Sorry I dont know any place in Shj, some other Shj resident might help.

My advise is to put on recovery and take it to mechanic, because if this rattling is internal, it might be catastrophic if something snaps and hit timing component. 

• Like (+1) 2

39 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

Sorry I dont know any place in Shj, some other Shj resident might help.

My advise is to put on recovery and take it to mechanic, because if this rattling is internal, it might be catastrophic if something snaps and hit timing component. 

Thanks @Gaurav will try to locate a garage first and take it to repair. 

• Like (+1) 2