•  
Advertise here

Cruise Control Installation

Gents,

Quick question,

Can cruise control be installed on Toyota yaris/corolla, which did not come factory fitted.

I checked some websites and it says it can be done pretty easily, (needs only the cruise control lever to be bolted and wiring connected like plug and play).

But when I spoke to service advisors at Toyota and Dyna trade, apparently it cannot be done.

Has anyone, tried installing..?

Can it be really done..?🤔

Farooq

• Like (+1) 1

As per below video Yaris already have cruise control.

If you meant to buy Yaris w/o cruise option and then adding it on, then it must be very easy as aftermarket kit need to add the cruise control stick (switch) on steering wheel with minimal efforts.

Generally if any car comes with such option, then its easily doable than if that model never had that option.

And don't worry about Toyota Advisors or Dynatrade as they are trained with NASA precision replies that any request 0.00001 mm left or right as per company standards = Not possible, not existing, not allowed, will create a ozone hole bigger.

• Haha (+1) 3

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

It’s one of those things that I would never get installed aftermarket. Imagine something going wrong with it and not being able to disable it.

• Totally Agree (+2) 3

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Totally agree with @Rahimdad comment on check your warranty if car is still under warranty.

@Frederic I hear you and know the reason why you feel this based on couple of news incident. Remember all those failed cruise control were stock OEM cruise control and not aftermarket. So if one in million failure chances are there, then they do exist whether it is OEM or aftermarket. However I totally agree that chance of failure maybe tad higher in aftermarket ones.

But all after market parts has certain level of risk involved, but still everyone goes for it - knowingly or unknowingly.

• Installing aftermarket music system can cook the car in fire due to bad wiring job.
  • Installing aftermarket theft control can leave owner stranded - happened with me.
  • Installing bigger tires can cause strain on drive line and cause premature failure.
  • Highly modifying the car engine can result in serious blast off (fire) or other component failure.
  • Adding fan, gauge etc. can also cause small human error or product failure or faulty switch, wire, fuse can cause instant fire.

Let alone aftermarket parts or modification, simple defer maintenance can kill your car in minutes.

@Farooq Zeshaan see if you can afford the OEM cruise control stick from toyota, its better.

Finding OEM from scrapyard is better than aftermarket, just make sure that scrappy remove that stick in front of you, as such electronics parts goes bad due to rough handling and dirty storage.

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/8/2020 at 9:32 AM, Gaurav said:

Totally agree with @Rahimdad comment on check your warranty if car is still under warranty.

@Frederic I hear you and know the reason why you feel this based on couple of news incident. Remember all those failed cruise control were stock OEM cruise control and not aftermarket. So if one in million failure chances are there, then they do exist whether it is OEM or aftermarket. However I totally agree that chance of failure maybe tad higher in aftermarket ones.

But all after market parts has certain level of risk involved, but still everyone goes for it - knowingly or unknowingly.

• Installing aftermarket music system can cook the car in fire due to bad wiring job.
  • Installing aftermarket theft control can leave owner stranded - happened with me.
  • Installing bigger tires can cause strain on drive line and cause premature failure.
  • Highly modifying the car engine can result in serious blast off (fire) or other component failure.
  • Adding fan, gauge etc. can also cause small human error or product failure or faulty switch, wire, fuse can cause instant fire.

Let alone aftermarket parts or modification, simple defer maintenance can kill your car in minutes.

@Farooq Zeshaan see if you can afford the OEM cruise control stick from toyota, its better.

Finding OEM from scrapyard is better than aftermarket, just make sure that scrappy remove that stick in front of you, as such electronics parts goes bad due to rough handling and dirty storage.

I hear you, but these types of failures typically do not have the potential to not only kill everyone in the car, but also multiple other innocent road users. 

Cruise control systems, even OEM systems, are inherently unreliable and therefore dangerous, so fiddling with an already potentially dangerous system by installing aftermarket, or even used OEM components is a really, really, bad idea. 

Edited by treks
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Don't use anything that was made in China, ever, or for any purpose. Period.

The problem is though that Chinese manufacturers are very good at copying and/or faking packaging, data sheets, and even test reports, so you may not necessarily know that you are installing substandard Chinese fongkong rubbish. Until, of course,what you installed fails prematurely, or you rear end or worse, kill someone because your fake Chinese brake pads faded suddenly.  

• Like (+1) 1