•  
Advertise here

Absolute Newbie

Hello All,

I hope everyone is doing good and trying to make the best of this lockdown. 

I am an Absolute Newbie, have passion to drive on and offroad. Evertime I had a question around cars my best friend google would bring me here ☺️ really helpful. Have been in Dubai for the last 5 years.

I don't own a 4x4 yet, was planning to in Dec but the deal didn't finalize, currently driving a Honda Accord so 4x4 will be a completely new thing for me and i wanted to do it right hence the reason i have come here to the expert for guidance ☺️ and a great start for offroad experiences. 

Thank you. 

Ps. I am planning to buy a Prado V6, 2015. The deal is almost done, the car has 150k km on it used mainly on highway trips, guy compute daily to Jebal Ali from Ajman on E611 hence the kms. Car has been serviced till 80k from agency and then from Dynatrade as per the owner there is still a service contract. (i would appreciate if you guys can comment on this). I was looking for a car in which i could accommodate the family as well have some fun time on the sand 🚙

Looking forward to meeting all of you soon, once this lockdown is finished 😊👍

IMG_20200411_230811.jpg

• Like (+1) 5

Welcome to Carnity !

That Prado sounds like a good deal. We are all missing the off-roading now and hope to be back in the sands soon. Stay tuned !

• Like (+1) 4

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Welcome aboard. Prado is indeed very good choice to have the best of both world. 2015 and 150k seems quite a high mileage for 4 years old, hope you price it accordingly as in cars mileage is more important than years. If its genuinely maintained on time on every service then it should be fine. JUST MAKE SURE TO CHECK SERVICE INTERVAL CAREFULLY. Be it Al futtaim or Dynatrade is fine as far as service has been done on time and not exceeding the service interval.

I am emphasizing on this as many high mileage vehicle doesn't follow service interval properly and while selling they show the service stamp without km and date reading. So make sure you get the full breakdown of kms and date of every service.

• Like (+1) 4

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

2 hours ago, Frederic said:

Welcome to Carnity !

That Prado sounds like a good deal. We are all missing the off-roading now and hope to be back in the sands soon. Stay tuned !

Thank you Frederic.

Looking forward to meeting the whole Club 😀

21 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

Welcome aboard. Prado is indeed very good choice to have the best of both world. 2015 and 150k seems quite a high mileage for 4 years old, hope you price it accordingly as in cars mileage is more important than years. If its genuinely maintained on time on every service then it should be fine. JUST MAKE SURE TO CHECK SERVICE INTERVAL CAREFULLY. Be it Al futtaim or Dynatrade is fine as far as service has been done on time and not exceeding the service interval.

I am emphasizing on this as many high mileage vehicle doesn't follow service interval properly and while selling they show the service stamp without km and date reading. So make sure you get the full breakdown of kms and date of every service.

Thank you Gaurav for the advice.

The guy is a banker and bought the car for his family and for driving from A to B point. He was referred to me by my younger brother who is a brother in law of his friend, wow risthay 🤯. So that dependability is there of some sort.

He as never driving the car off road and has kept the beauty in good shape, its a 150 years edition without sunroof. I have asked to share the book so i can check if the car was serviced as per the intervals or not. I have also sent an email to Dynatrade, just spoke to them and was informed that they are closing today for next two weeks in Al quoz, Not sure what is happening there and was asked to drop an email with the registration card copy. (done). They will revert back once the team is back.

His asking price for the car is 75k and won't budge from it at all. I have taken the car for Tasjeel Comprehensive test last month and there was no objection from them what so where, except a few minor scratches on the front fender.

Attaching the pictures here for reference. Is there something else i should be looking out for? is the price justified in reference to the kms? am i missing on something else with this price budget?

WhatsApp Image 2020-03-19 at 7.05.20 PM (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-03-19 at 7.05.20 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-03-19 at 7.05.19 PM (3).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-03-19 at 7.05.19 PM (2).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-03-19 at 7.05.19 PM (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-03-19 at 7.05.19 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-03-19 at 7.05.18 PM (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-03-19 at 7.05.18 PM.jpeg

• Like (+1) 2

75K for V6, 2015 model Prado seems a very good price. It seems that owner has already discounted 10-15K being high mileage vehicle.

Make sure to get it checked properly as Tasjeel comprehensive check is not always the best option. Taking to another mechanic or workshop of your choice is highly advisable to lift the vehicle and check underbody, engine bay, computer check thoroughly.

Also ask owner to arrange the service record as many companies doesn't honor request from new buyer due to privacy clause. But they are BOUND to provide service details to owner whose name is showing on the registration card.

• Like (+1) 5

Hi Arsalan, 

Welcome to the club. You'll be hard pressed to find a group of people more welcoming or caring about the safety aspects of and having fun in the sand. The Prado looks great - just hope you'll not mind when there is a sand shower inside all over that beautiful leather. There's plenty people around who can also help you with additional tips and tricks about how you might prepare the car for off road adventures. 

See you (hoefully) soon in the sand. 

• Like (+1) 5

Welcome @Arsalan Ehsan to your very own off road club. I love the Toyota Prado. It's one of my favorites. But 2015 means low bumper over hangs. You can very well managed the newbie drives with no casualties, but what if the sand bug bites you. You will need to cut the low bumper over hangs to manage the Fewbie drives and above.

One more thing that comes to mind, it is a piece of machine, what if it breaks down in the middle of the desert. Will you be able to leave the car in the middle of the desert without any fear. If it is only for newbie or Fewbie trips or some odd trip with the family it's fine. But if the sand bug bites you, than you will be be happier with something cheaper and easier to work on. In that case you get to keep your Accord for your daily drives. Just something to keep you thinking.

If it clicks you can check the below link to tempt you to the wild side.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

On 4/12/2020 at 12:17 PM, Gaurav said:

75K for V6, 2015 model Prado seems a very good price. It seems that owner has already discounted 10-15K being high mileage vehicle.

Make sure to get it checked properly as Tasjeel comprehensive check is not always the best option. Taking to another mechanic or workshop of your choice is highly advisable to lift the vehicle and check underbody, engine bay, computer check thoroughly.

Also ask owner to arrange the service record as many companies doesn't honor request from new buyer due to privacy clause. But they are BOUND to provide service details to owner whose name is showing on the registration card.

Yes, this was the point. I have managed to pull him down to this price down, i don't think he will come down any further. The guy is immigrating to UK with his family, wife and kids have already flown almost 6 months ago, he stayed back to put his ducks in order. So one of the reason for him selling is because he is immigrating to UK. Just had a call with him again in the afternoon, he was planning to submit the resign at his workplace next week and wanted to finanlize the deal.

To be honest, i have driven accord for the last 5 years and have changed its consumables only till now along with the regular maintenance. I am not aware of any other mechanic or workshop that could help me, hence paid the price of 450 for the test thinking it should be sufficient but now as you have said they are not always the best option then i am thinking, one where to get it tested and 2nd wasted my money 😢😢

I have checked the service record and it is fine till date. He has been servicing the vehicle at proper intervals so no problem here.i read an article somewhere that if the car has high highway miles they are equivalent to half the miles in city. So in this case as his 90% ride was from Ajman to Jebal Ali, the miles in reality should be looked as 75k rather than 150k, not sure how much true is that.

On 4/12/2020 at 2:09 PM, Wrangeld said:

Hi Arsalan, 

Welcome to the club. You'll be hard pressed to find a group of people more welcoming or caring about the safety aspects of and having fun in the sand. The Prado looks great - just hope you'll not mind when there is a sand shower inside all over that beautiful leather. There's plenty people around who can also help you with additional tips and tricks about how you might prepare the car for off road adventures. 

See you (hoefully) soon in the sand. 

Thanks @Wrangeld, i think i should parallely secure a contract with car wash shops.😁

On 4/14/2020 at 12:05 AM, Rahimdad said:

Welcome @Arsalan Ehsan to your very own off road club. I love the Toyota Prado. It's one of my favorites. But 2015 means low bumper over hangs. You can very well managed the newbie drives with no casualties, but what if the sand bug bites you. You will need to cut the low bumper over hangs to manage the Fewbie drives and above.

One more thing that comes to mind, it is a piece of machine, what if it breaks down in the middle of the desert. Will you be able to leave the car in the middle of the desert without any fear. If it is only for newbie or Fewbie trips or some odd trip with the family it's fine. But if the sand bug bites you, than you will be be happier with something cheaper and easier to work on. In that case you get to keep your Accord for your daily drives. Just something to keep you thinking.

If it clicks you can check the below link to tempt you to the wild side.

Thanks @Rahimdad for the welcome. If it is the bumper that will prove to be an issue then i think that is something that can easily be fixed, am i right is saying this? Where in its a piece of Machine, I totally agree with you, machines are unpredictable as do everything in life is and this is where the realibility of the machine comes in.

I am still planning to keep my Accord, but during the cost of ownership for the accord is substantially much higher than Toyota. This is something that i was suprised to learn about.

I believe you would agree with me, if the sand bug bite was to bite me and i have to worry about these points then definately i would come to these list, (bookmark done). Just another question, the vehicle i understand are in these price range but what about the repais and parts cost? sometimes the vehicles are cheap to buy but very expensive to maintain

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

@Arsalan Ehsan I would not half the miles. Wearable like say brake pads would be more used which means the discs would also be worn out more easily. But the engine and gearbox have already completed 150000 kms as shown and no less. Secondly you haven't lost anything, if you've spent AED 450 it's in good cause. Insha Allah you have a good deal on your hands and will find ways to enjoy your ride for a long time to come. Like @Gaurav bhai said he's already adjusted the price from the market value due to the high mileage and current conditions. Say Bismillah and go through with the deal if your heart allows.

• Like (+1) 2

Hope you have gone through this @Arsalan Ehsan, if not, its worth a read when you are buying used car.

• Like (+1) 3