•  
Advertise here

Off Road Ability Suzuki Jimmy

Chirag S.

Hi,

Hope, all are safe.

Just watching vedio on youtube on off road ability of Suzuki Jimmy to drive in sand. I wonder, with limitated power of 1462 CC, 4 Cylinder and approx 105 HP, it was giving smooth driving in sand. 

Don't know, whether same car has joined CARNITY drive before!!? @Gaurav @Rahimdad

Or, someone show this model on sand and any experience. Thanks and take care please!! 

Pl see below link for sand drive vedio:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtVMdAN8_rE

Edited by Chirag S.
  • Like (+1) 2

Very difficult to say based on video reviews as mostly are sponsored content (paid reviews) and they will leave you more confuse than giving one sided answer.

What I see - from a distance - it's a cute little 4x4 for on-road and mild off-roading for newbie and fewbie level drive and nothing beyond that unless modified. Fewbie level only in winters too and not in summer as he was driving in LO gear due to 30 kmph limitation in HI gear.

Driving for 15-20 minutes in LO gear at 40 degree for a test drive vehicle is very different than driving it for 4-5 hour span.

I think we recently had similar Jimny in one of newbie convoy, I think @Frederic has that in his convoy. Am I right?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

3 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

Very difficult to say based on video reviews as mostly are sponsored content (paid reviews) and they will leave you more confuse than giving one sided answer.

What I see - from a distance - it's a cute little 4x4 for on-road and mild off-roading for newbie and fewbie level drive and nothing beyond that unless modified. Fewbie level only in winters too and not in summer as he was driving in LO gear due to 30 kmph limitation in HI gear.

Driving for 15-20 minutes in LO gear at 40 degree for a test drive vehicle is very different than driving it for 4-5 hour span.

I think we recently had similar Jimny in one of newbie convoy, I think @Frederic has that in his convoy. Am I right?

Thanks. Nice observations and very well said " mild off-roading"!!

May be good option for overland than typical desert drives. 

H'ever, looking to its cost under 85K, 7 years warranty etc. are pretty good offers..

• Like (+1) 2

I like it for the fact it's a proper tiny 4x4 with a ladder frame chassis and transfer case and none of that crossover nonsense of basically being a front wheel drive with a lsd center diff. Like RAV4 CRV type crap.

Depending on your skil level it's pretty much good for every thing except extreme desert driving in stock form. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Nothing I can add to what @Gaurav bhai and @desertdude already mentioned. It would be nice for a start and gaining experience to better your skills. Can upgrade once you reach extreme level.

• Like (+1) 2

I would say the Jimny is the hot hatch version of the proper 4x4 world. 

It's small efficient does what's it's supposed to on a budget but it can really never compete with or replace the proper big guns.

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/15/2020 at 8:15 PM, Gaurav said:

@Yash1 is a Jimny driver that was in my convoy some weeks back. From what i've seen the Jimny managed very well. Maybe he can give his two cents.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."