•  
Advertise here

How many working cars are there in the World?

Gaurav

Make a guess of how many working cars are there in the world?

Working or running cars number and not the total number of produced cars. Also excluding trucks, buses and commercial vehicles.

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Ok this is purely a guess:

7.5 Billion is the population. I expect around 20% of the global population to have a car, so around 1,5 Billion maybe ?

• Like (+1) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

...and they're trying to replace them all with electric cars. Good luck with that- or at least, good luck with trying to do that in less than about 100 years. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Approximate number is close to 1.2 billion based on 3 different sources (wards, wikipedia and statista) educated guesswork and little calculation.

Actual number is hidden behind 2200 USD report, but everyone guesswork was pretty close to billion+.

Love the @treks thinking as I was wondering the same after knowing these figures and its growth.

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, treks said:

...and they're trying to replace them all with electric cars. Good luck with that- or at least, good luck with trying to do that in less than about 100 years. 

Took us around that much to get to a billion cars so another 100 till we get electric seems right

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Going to be pretty hard to get a figure that’s anywhere near accurate. I’ve got stuff stashed away that’s working but not registered and there will be millions of other people in the same situation. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

16 minutes ago, Barry said:

Going to be pretty hard to get a figure that’s anywhere near accurate. I’ve got stuff stashed away that’s working but not registered and there will be millions of other people in the same situation. 

Very true.

Even if we get the registered one, that's more than enough for fun. And that's what it counts close to 1.2 billion.

• Like (+1) 1