•  
Advertise here

Looking for feedback

Mball

Hey Everyone! 

Like many of you, I have been a car enthusiast for as long as I can remember.  As a result, people would start asking me for advice when buying or selling a car.  I eventually started a side business about 6 years ago doing this very thing.  So, I am thinking about offering an online course, showing people how they can earn money buying or selling cars as a side business one can do from home.  I am not a used car salesman nor have ever been one.  I just have learned a great deal by selling and buying and feel I can help save people money.

My question is this.  Is this something you would purchase if it was done in a quality manner?  It would be in a series of written word and video lessons.  I have a gut feeling that if it were done well, people would purchase but would love to hear if you would or would not purchase.  While I understand that one doesn’t need a course to do so, I have learned a great deal over the years that would be helpful, I feel, in shortening the learning curve.  Thanks for your feedback!

Mike

• Like (+1) 2

Hi Mike;

Personally i am thinking you can do a Youtube channel about it showing people how you are flipping cars with success. If you do it with quality you will have good amount of followers, you will earn from Youtube and from Sponsors.

Not sure I would be interested in a course but if you were to make a YouTube show like @sertac said, I would probably watch it. Something like Wheeler Dealers but with more humour. Not everyone has time or money to get into flipping cars but more people would watch an entertaining show. 

Smart question @Mball and in this time of COVID, lot of people have free time to appreciate extra income or skill.

Free tip: You can also shape up your course targeting car buyers as anyone who is in market for buying a car for couple of thousand, wont mind couple of bucks for real helpful knowledge.

Now coming back to your course, there is always takers for everything in this world from Udemy 10-20 USD course or fake course to 100-150 USD masterclass level or 1000+ coursera level. You pick a bet whatever you are comfortable with in terms of time and resources and then price it well.

If you know "how to sell it" and "who to sell it" - then go ahead. If you don't know then don't waste your time in a noisy and highly saturated market with tons of scammers and fake course provider. 

@sertac money from youtube is long gone and it was only good if you intend to stay in game for 1-2-5-10 years in same youtube channel. As 99% youtube channel owners abandon the efforts in first year after seeing couple of cents a month return.

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Barry, DesertDude, Sertac, and Guarav, 

I appreciate you taking the time to respond to my question for honest feedback.  I agree Sertac that whatever I do, it needs to be done in a quality manner.  There is plenty of stuff out there that isn't quality and I plan on hiring someone to help me should I decide to move forward with this.

Guarav, thanks for the great tip!  I guess I hadn't really thought about targeting people in the market for a vehicle because there is just so much information out there already.  I will definitely look into this as an additional option.  I will have to do some more thinking about how I am going to market.  It sounds like you know your way around online business a bit!  

Much appreciated everyone!

Mike