•  
Advertise here

1000 HP Toyota Supra - Informative and Entertaining Video

What an interesting and educating video for car enthusiasts, mechanics and technicians who are always in search of new tech, parts and ways to optimize more power.

Some lovely concepts shared and cleared with a great presentation skills.

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Superb video with a lot of technical details which are indeed a good lesson in Automotive Engineering.

Finally some recognition to the BMW engine. How much i would love to buy this car and keep it in a dry garage bone stock. I'll just need to keep on dreaming.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Anybody remember the first street legal 1000 bhp Supra? Built by Top Secret/Smokey Nagata in the late 90s. It ran a 1GZ-FE V12 from a Toyota Century. Max Power ran a feature on it back in the day where they tried to break 200 mph on a uk motorway. Nearly did it too, they managed 197 through traffic. Very illegal but it was one of the coolest things at the time. The car went on to eventually hit 222 mph on a track. 

71FEC24B-BD85-4BF5-886D-D77E9832A659.jpeg

• WOW (+2) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

I always have had a love/hate relationship with the Supra. I fall in love with the 1985 Celica Supra I laid my eyes on the first time, but as time went on the shape of the Supra really impressed me in every way. Not being a rich kid, I could only afford one on a Playstation game and build it to my hearts content, but really hated the handling on both the Toyota Supra and the Mazda RX7. Plus with AWD the Nissan Skyline R34 was my favourite with a special corner for the Mitsubishi Evos.

With all the negative banter around how Toyota and BMW got together to build this I was really put off by it. Never even bothered to read about it so I was surprised to hear that people felt it was slow. But really good to know and a few things cleared in this video for me. Love the fact that the forged parts in the engine means that it can support 1000 hp. Maybe I can afford one in about 20 years time if there are still any left. My retirement gift to myself.

• Like (+1) 1